Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BACON!!!  (Read 1313 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
BACON!!!
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

My Wife and Daughter wanted BLTs for dinner and Sam's had 3 pounds of thick sliced bacon on sale....A crowded house for sure.......had bacon downstairs and upstairs! I didn't get any plated pictures mostly because they bacon seems to have disappeared! :'(
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Re: BACON!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
What I wouldn't give for a freezer full of those drips!  :o looks amazing.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

93_confirmed

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:29:28 PM »
Looks great and I'm thinking of cooking a package myself. How long did it take? You cooked it indirect and over the drip pan the whole time?
I'm new to grilling so go easy on me.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:26:42 PM »
*just drooling like homer simpson*

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »
Bacon drippings are awesome as a substitute for shortening in biscuit recipes.

I make them all the time once my main cook is over - to utilize the last of the heat. Just pop a pizza stone on top the cooking grate and go to town. Flour, baking powder, salt, milk and bacon grease (or shortening, oil, whatever).

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:09:54 AM »
I cooked it at around 225-250 range for about 2 1/2 hours...low and slow. My family likes the bacon to be crispy whereas I like it crispy or soft so I started pulling the pieces off as they got crisp. I did it the whole way indirect and I had the charcoal grate covered with foil to catch the grease. I used my Smokenator without a water pan since I was just trying to keep a lower heat without moisture and was taking advantage of the heat shielding the Smokenator provides....did the same thing for the Ham I cooked up on the rotisserie for Easter Sunday.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!