Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: smokenator?  (Read 4147 times)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
smokenator?
« on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
Anyone use a smokenator in their kettle? I have never seen one in person. Have seen them used on YouTube and read about them on other forums . Wondering if you have what is your opinion on them and are they useful or a waste of money. My brother that lives in another state and has a22.5 is wondering about them and asking me questions. I have never thought about getting one as I have pretty good luck with the methods I currently use. Thanks for any input.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Golly

• WKC Performer
Re: smokenator?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
been there
they go ok
gollly and hogsy made our own
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
I have one, I have used it, they are OK but the fire brick method may be better and cheaper.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

ligrill

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
I have one, I have used it, they are OK but the fire brick method may be better and cheaper.
Is there a post about the firebrick method?

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »
Is there a post about the firebrick method?

I wouldn't mind seeing that, too!  :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »
I don't know of a particular post about it but here is what it looks like. 

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

colin.p

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:19 AM »
^^^Yup, that's pretty well the same setup I use. It seems to work, so far so good.
2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 22.5 OTG and a bunch of Weber stuff
I like my Weber's the same as my Ford's and Harley's, any colour, as long as it's black.

anderson143

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
a buddy of mine bought a smokenator and i seen how easy it would be to make so i bought some 18gauge stainless steel and traced his smokenator and cut it out with some tin snips..ive heard the fire brick method is easier but i don't know how i have no issues with mine. ive stopped using the small water pan and put a big pan to the right of the smokenator on the charcoal grate
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:31:48 AM by anderson143 »
NO PROPANE OR CRAP LIGHT HERE...22 1/2 OTG & 18 1/2 WSM

anderson143

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »

she anit pretty but ive got 15 bucks into it because i had the pan laying around..it sure beats the 59.99 plus shipping but 59.99 for the smokenator to me is still worth every penny of it.
NO PROPANE OR CRAP LIGHT HERE...22 1/2 OTG & 18 1/2 WSM

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
smokenator?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 04:45:22 AM »
I had one for a couple if cooks, and even tho It did its job, I prefer fire brick and a pan of water. That's just me. This way I have to add fuel less since the smokenator only holds so much.
A Wonderful Family!!!