Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found a good use for Kingsford  (Read 224 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Found a good use for Kingsford
« on: May 11, 2021, 05:13:12 PM »

I've found a good use for my unused Kingsford: stacking with Royal Oak and Weber charcoal.  Randomly, the Kingsford bags are as long as 2 x Weber or RO bags are wide.  I'm able to build a stable stack by placing a Kingsford at alternating ends of each row.  Fortunately, all three types are the same thickness.  I'm sure that I could stack twice as tall without issue.  Certainly, given more Kingsford, there could be a bag in the middle of each layer as well.  I'm sure that would be super stable.

I know all of these are designed to stack on a pallet on their own.  Unfortunately, a pallet footprint doesn't fit my space so well.

It was convenient that I happen to have the same number of Kingsford as I needed to place one on each layer.  It's unfortunate that I only had enough RO and Weber for 6 layers, but it should last a while.

My guess is that I will use K as I use the the others on that layer.  Maybe I'll keep it for the next time I see RO or Weber on clearance sale...  I'll probably not buy more K, even when it is on sale, unless I am in dire need.

2021-05-11-09.48.59.jpg" border="0

(Note, I am not slamming Kingsford, I've burned a lot of it over the years.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:56:37 PM by ClubChapin »

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Found a good use for Kingsford
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 04:38:14 PM »
Nice stack. Nothing has gone on sale here yet and I'm running low

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app