Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Nice evening cook  (Read 267 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Nice evening cook
« on: April 08, 2021, 06:40:15 AM »
Recipe stolen from Drago's in Nola, they were awesome and the fire was fricken hot. Heirloom tomato sandwich for a side

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Nice evening cook
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 07:04:20 AM »
Looks awesome!  A new fresh seafood store just opened up near me recently and they have oysters. I’ll have to give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:07:15 AM »
Grilled oysters look awesome!!! You can't go wrong with grilled oysters on the half shell or steamed whole. Raw is good too

Homegrown tomato sandwiches are a summertime staple at my house!

When you have your next meetup in ATL, I'll bring a bushel of oysters and you can fire up your WRK or a 26er.

I'll be eating grilled oysters next week in SGI.

Cheers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 07:28:13 AM »
Grilled oysters look awesome!!! You can't go wrong with grilled oysters on the half shell or steamed whole. Raw is good too

Homegrown tomato sandwiches are a summertime staple at my house!

When you have your next meetup in ATL, I'll bring a bushel of oysters and you can fire up your WRK or a 26er.

I'll be eating grilled oysters next week in SGI.

Cheers
Thanks, i'm ready for a meetup, tentative plans for early fall
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 07:47:11 AM »
Looks awesome!  A new fresh seafood store just opened up near me recently and they have oysters. I’ll have to give this a try.

I buys lots of oysters either in half or whole bushels. Always ask the seller to see the "oyster harvest tag". Tag will have the harvest date, harvest location, state, type of shellfish. Do NOT purchase if harvest date is beyond 14 days or if they can't produce a  "harvest tag". Do not purchase if the oysters are displayed in ice water.

Fresh oysters really don't have a smell, so to speak. Maybe a salty smell.... If they smell like rotten fish or week old shrimp do not buy or eat. Don't eat poppers, that's an oysters that has died and the shell pops open.

If your buying 12-24 oysters you can store them in the refrigerator.  If buying by the half or whole bushel, store in a cooler. Cover oysters with lots of ice, drain plug pulled and cooler at slight angle for ice melt to drain. Do not let oysters sit submerged in ice water!

Good luck with your oyster cook and post pictures.

Cheers

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:48:52 AM by AZ2FL »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 10:30:10 AM »
Awesome looking dinner - wow, that grill was fired up!  I'd have eaten a couple raw too.....

Good info too @AZ2FL on oyster purchasing/handling...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 10:53:39 AM »
Awesome looking dinner - wow, that grill was fired up!  I'd have eaten a couple raw too.....

Good info too @AZ2FL on oyster purchasing/handling...
It was over 600 at the grate, big block lump and weber briquettes, I need new eyebrows now, but that's how they do it at Drago's

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 11:46:48 AM »
Joe you can even make seafood look appetizing

Sime

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 12:25:22 PM »
Looks fantastic! Just be careful with all that aphrodisiac[emoji23]

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 06:15:14 PM »
Looks really good! Surprisingly I don't think I've ever cooked oysters - maybe sometime soon.
I think I might need a bigger backyard soon...