Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How many wings will fit in a 26?  (Read 709 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
How many wings will fit in a 26?
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:00:49 AM »
My setup will be either the regular SnS v1 or the XL Marty Basket with one fully lit chimney. I remember seeing a picture of someone 26 packed with wings with 90ish wings but I don't remember where.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: How many wings will fit in a 26?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 09:28:28 AM »
Charcoal baskets pushed to the center you can fit a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
A whole bunch depending on the size of your wings, Tami prefers the smaller ones so I have had close to 90 using the vortex and or 2 baskets in the center
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
How many wings will fit in a 26?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »
The size of wing makes a difference. These are jumbo wings from gfs. I think there is 32 in half of the grate. I haven’t been using baskets lately. I get the coals going good and the 26 likes to cruise at 425. I flip after 20 minutes or so then leave the lid cracked for another 20 minutes. It picks up the temp to 500ish or more. Then I toss in a little sauce and put back in the indirect side to finish up in extreme heat for a few minutes.

This is just what I’m doing lately. I’m constantly experimenting with wing cooks since I’m usually making them once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:09:05 PM »
Thanks all for the tips! Now I'm reconsidering my approach. I guess I'll just have to make wings multiple times  [emoji16] I'll post a new thread after I do the cook this weekend

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

evals

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
I've been messing with wings the last few weeks,  following Adam Perry  Lang's hot wing recipe.  I've done 48 jumbo wings no problem.  Thinking maybe 75 to 100 will be the limit.