Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meat and taters  (Read 1440 times)

Hofy

• WKC Brave
Meat and taters
« on: August 20, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
Simple seared porkchop with prime rib rub,  Crash hot taters.

EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
Re: Meat and taters
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 01:55:13 AM »
Funny, I haven't cooked a chop in... for-never. Just remember the dried out versions from my youth. This looks great and may be the nudge I need to get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:24:33 AM »
Funny, I haven't cooked a chop in... for-never. Just remember the dried out versions from my youth. This looks great and may be the nudge I need to get over it.

Since getting my Thermapen our chops and boneless skinless chicken is nice and juicy. I take my chops off the grill between 145-150 IT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 02:30:50 AM »
Awesome looking chop, there was a time when I feared the dried out chop like @kettlebb said temp is the key
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:06:35 AM »
Yep, temp is key.  Dont over cook pork chops and they are nice and juicy.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »
All I have to say, is I went to a party one time. One of those bring your own meat things. All could afford was wimpy pork chops. These other people had t-bones, ny strip, ribeye, when it was time to eat, I would not have traded my spg pork chops for anything! Pork chops are wonderful. Yours looks delicious!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 02:34:52 PM »
I'm convinced. Therma-pen and a thick chop is on my radar.

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 06:53:26 AM »

Since getting my Thermapen our chops and boneless skinless chicken is nice and juicy. I take my chops off the grill between 145-150 IT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to taking them off at the right temp a good brine will do wonders for pork chops...I rarely grill or smoke pork without brining first...

I'd like to here more about crash hot potatoes...Those look fantastic...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:55:03 AM by SMOKE FREAK »

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »
Crash hots are so simple and so good.  Take small baby red potatoes and boil or microwave until they are just getting tender, not too tender you want some firmness.  Lay them out on a baking sheet and press them with a potato masher.  Just once to kind of flatten them but leave them whole.  Drizzle with olive oil or melted butter and season.  Grill indirect for about 20 minutes. You want a nice browned crispy exterior and a light fluffy inside.

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:28:43 PM »
Crash hots are so simple and so good.  Take small baby red potatoes and boil or microwave until they are just getting tender, not too tender you want some firmness.  Lay them out on a baking sheet and press them with a potato masher.  Just once to kind of flatten them but leave them whole.  Drizzle with olive oil or melted butter and season.  Grill indirect for about 20 minutes. You want a nice browned crispy exterior and a light fluffy inside.

Never done it this way. I will give it a try soon. Thnx for the hint[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
Those taters are amazing!