Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First pork tenderloin  (Read 1082 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
First pork tenderloin
« on: May 21, 2018, 06:13:33 PM »
Holy S@!t why did I not try this sooner!  What an amazing, succulent and tender piece of meat! 
I first marinated it in these ingredients

Brown sugar, lemon juice, fresh ginger, soy sauce, Worchester sauce, spicy sesame oil, crushed garlic, mustard powder.

Wanted an Asian flair to it.  Used my stacker again.  This time I used the deflector plate for even and indirect cooking.  I literally used the last briquette of charcoal I had.  I literally had to scour to find enough to fill half a chimney.  Thank goodness that the Lowe's charcoal sale is coming up May 24th.  I used my Maverick and set the temp as close to 250 as I could.  As the cook progressed I noticed that it was going painfully slow.  I discovered that the probe on my Maverick must be faulty.  Normally I use mechanical thermostats.  They have served me well and are fairly accurate.  I noticed that the Maverick was about 50 degrees off from my mechanical thermo.  Once I relied on that one the cook progressed nicely.  You know that is all @1buckie uses. Maybe he has something there.  By the way I have not heard from you. Are you still out there? Anyway I cooked it to around 140. I pulled it and rested it.  Man it is tender, juicy, and the marinade worked nicely into the meat.  If you have not cooked one of these yet you have got to do this.  TRUST ME! it's awesome.

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First pork tenderloin
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »
Looks great Dave! Tenderloins are a staple protein for me. Lean, tender, and quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:05:54 PM »
Looks delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »
LOVE tenderloins, I do mine on my smokey joe, turn out awesome!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:52:22 AM »
I love the tenderloin, easy to impact flavor and quick to cook, nice job
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »
I like to cook pork tenderloin a little hotter...Low and slow can dry them out since they have no fat to help em...

Yours looks fantastic...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »
Yeah.... I'm around Dave.....
Computer broke down & had other items that needed attention first.....

I'm on the wife's iPad.......which basically makes me howl in agony trying to post stuff here...

Want to try something special w / tenderloins, inject......creole butter is a good one, or lemon pepper marinade, strained to keep the chunks from clogging the injector.....doing that kinda replaces the  fattiness that isn't there in a lean piece like that......

I'll see if I can find some pics.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 06:53:33 PM »
Tenderloins are the best. Easy to cook by feel too. One of my favorite things to grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 07:41:02 PM »
Yup! I Love a pork tenderloin. I grilled one last night and hit it with some peach wood. The price is amazing too! $2.79/#

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »
Yup! I Love a pork tenderloin. I grilled one last night and hit it with some peach wood. The price is amazing too! $2.79/#

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

+ 1

Might be the best meat protein deal around...zero fat trim & hardly any shrinkage loss......you end up with about what you paid for"..........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »
Yea Pork tenderloin is a great piece of meat. I have several ways to do it

one of my favorites is to slice it as I roll it until it is a large flat pattie. I then spread stuffing all over it and roll it back up. Then tie it off with butchers string and slow cook it.

Boy I just popped a craving on myself
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline