Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Football season opener short ribs  (Read 559 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Football season opener short ribs
« on: May 27, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »
I've kept in touch with a couple of guys on the first football team I played on and something that's kind of evolved into a tradition over the past couple of years is to do a barbecue at my place on Sundays after the game days if the weather permits.

Tonight, we had beef short ribs on the WSM. I used mostly Maple Leaf
Briquettes and finished the bag off, and topped out with Royal Oak to make up the rest of the fuel needed.  This clears the way for me to break out the Weber briquettes I got on sale for the WSM.  Anyways, a fairly heavy coating of salt, pepper and garlic powder was all I did in terms of preparation and they went into the WSM.

The side dish was corn on the cob, which was going to cook on the Camp Chef/Browning camp stove. While the water was heating up, I heard the propane barbecue cough cough sputter sputter die sound of death and the burner went out as my 20 lb tank ran out. I ended up unhooking the 5 lb tank from my red SSP and that saved the day and got the corn done but well after the ribs, which is why there aren't any pictures of them plates together. So a visit to the hardware store's in order tomorrow for a new 5lb tank because I seriously lowered the level on the one I have which is expired, and need to fill the 20 lb one.

The food turned out great and we had a nice time relaxing and shooting the breeze around the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Football season opener short ribs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »
Yum those look delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow