Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dry Aged Wagyu Tomahawk  (Read 1024 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Dry Aged Wagyu Tomahawk
« on: March 05, 2018, 08:36:05 AM »
Picked up a couple 2" thick Wagyu Tomahwk Ribeyes.
IMG_2035-1.jpg" border="0
IMG_2056.jpg" border="0
IMG_2058.jpg" border="0
IMG_2062.jpg" border="0
IMG_2064.jpg" border="0
IMG_2070.jpg" border="0
IMG_2076.jpg" border="0

It was very tasty but I may have left in on a little to long. I prefer a little more more on the rare side.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:17:05 PM by JDD »
May The Smoke Be With You!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Dry Aged Waygu Tomahawk
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:57:36 AM »
Oh my.....afraid to ask how much those cost. Great looking cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:26:53 AM »
*drooooooooooooool* great sear on that! How was it compared to a regular steak?
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Dry Aged Wagyu Tomahawk
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
@kettlebb  I was afraid to cook it the cost was so high! Supposedly, I got a deal for $60.00/steak. I'm sure I would have paid more at a steak house for the same steak plus it is much more fun to be able and duplicate that taste at home.

@Firemunkee  The flavor was more than I expected.  It was very similar to a dry aged prime rib eye you would get at a high end steak house but slightly tastier.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:19:25 PM by JDD »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:15:52 AM »
@kettlebb  I was afraid to cook it the cost was so high! Supposedly, I got a deal for $60.00/steak. I'm sure I would have paid more at a steak house for the same steak plus it is much more fun to be able and duplicate that taste at home.

@Firemunkee  The flavor was more than I expected.  It was very similar to a dry aged prime rib eye you would get at a high end steak house but slightly tastier.

I'm assuming each steak was more than 1lb so for wagyu that sounds like it is an amazing price!!! Local butcher around here as dry aged ribeye for that much. Dry aged wagyu tomahawks, fuhgetaboutit! What grade wagyu was it? I've heard you don't need as big of a wagyu steak (8oz supposedly enough) as you would a normal steak because of all the marbling, but that was with an A5 grade.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:03:31 PM »

I'm assuming each steak was more than 1lb so for wagyu that sounds like it is an amazing price!!! Local butcher around here as dry aged ribeye for that much. Dry aged wagyu tomahawks, fuhgetaboutit! What grade wagyu was it? I've heard you don't need as big of a wagyu steak (8oz supposedly enough) as you would a normal steak because of all the marbling, but that was with an A5 grade.
I don't know what grade it was? Honestly, I didn't even know Wagyu had a grading system. I will definitely find out next time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:21:21 PM by JDD »

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
Those look amazing! In Lexington KY we no longer have a butcher that provides that quality meat. We did but apparently the price tag was more than people could afford because they went out of business. These are some flat iron steaks that I bought and they were great. It was nice for an occasional meal when business was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »
Wow man, looks delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app