Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Kabobs  (Read 674 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Pork Kabobs
« on: September 20, 2017, 03:25:59 PM »
I am getting so bad about taking pics.....apologize for that.

Tonight I made pork and pineapple kabobs and they came out perfect. Cut a loin into good size chunks and a fresh pineapple as well. Marinated the pork in a peanut/coconut sauce, skewered them with alternating pineapple. Cooked them indirect down the center of the grate with two coal baskets to the sides.

Just before removing them....I slathered on some butter rum sauce I made inside.....really gave the meat an extra flavor and made the meat and pineapple nice and juicy.   Had that along with wild rice and cheesy broccoli.  My hubby and son were happy campers tonight.

Sorry no pic.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork Kabobs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
Sounds really good. I would have never comes up with that, but then again I'm not a creative person. Or did you use a recipe?

Was that coconut milk and peanut butter, or something else?

Something else comes to mind. I just watched the "Barbecue" documentary on Netflix. In several areas, it's common to cook meat-on-a-stick direct, not indirect. So if you had the lid on, for heat retention, did you find yourself lifting and turning the rods often?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Pork Kabobs
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
I mixed a packet of Taste of Thai peanut sauce mix with a can of coconut milk and added a big scoop of chunky peanut butter.

Because I cut the pork and pineapple rather thick I decided to cook it indirect to keep it juicy and let it brown slower without burning with the cover on. Lid temp was 350-400 the entire time. I would have done direct for sate. I checked it after a half hour and turned it just once.

Then at the end I basted with the butter rum and turned it a couple of times and kept the lid off while I plated the rest of the sides.

Came out quite tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:12:36 PM by clarissa »