Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: wrenching on grills  (Read 1689 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
wrenching on grills
« on: May 11, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »
SO I am knee deep in grill repair/restoration/modifications.  I am fretting over just replacing the igniter on my older performer or ordering the whole darn burner igniter assembly its about $12 difference.  I should just do it right but if Mama finds this parts bill I am going to be in trouble.

I am redoing to Genesis one for my nephew and another for a friend who are graduating high school in a few weeks.  I will take plenty of pictures as I go but its going to be kinda cool because the grills are going to match their trucks.  My Nephew has a Blue 71 GMC 4x4 so he is getting a blue and I am using a Stainless hood for the other kid who has a silver Z71!  Going to mod them with Harbor freight 10" Tires wheels. haha  these should help them warm up all those hotdogs through college
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
Re: wrenching on grills
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:51:27 PM »
Its always better to beg for forgiveness then to ask permission. Just saying
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 10:14:10 PM »
Shes on to that one already haha
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »
Growing a pair of balls would be the first step

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:22:51 AM »
get a new hobby
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 03:53:26 AM »
I like it. Matching the grills the trucks. Pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »
Start flipping grills and use the profits to Inject the Heroin that is AKA Weberitis.
I've never let what others say about it slow me down.
Besides, wives have hobbies too..
My God man, how many pairs of shoes can one woman own? Just sayin..
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »
You might not need to replace the igniter. Clean it. See if that works for you. Clean off the electrode and the ground eyelet with a wire brush. Clean the tube where all that contacts. Hold it all in your hand and hit the button. If it gives you a decent jolt then your still in business.

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
I went ahead and ordered the whole kit

She's fine she don't give me much grief since we just dropped $30k on the kitchen she can't really say much. Shit she can run her new NASA inspired double oven from her phone

I wish there was enough money in the flipping around here I just enjoy it. Acquiring them for free to cheap then pass them along to friends and family. I have 4 parts rigs on the side of the house now

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »
Hell she contributes to my sickness. I bought that used performer last summer about this time. One day walking through Lowes I showed her the new copper performer

First part of august I was working night shift and I wake up and find a new copper performer outside. All on her own. Well kinda the guy I coach baseball with runs our Ace hardware so he delivered it

So I figured wtf do I have to lose I had seen the genesis was marked down so I threw it out there and said how cool would it be if both my grills matched and she said go ahead.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
Very cool gift! I would do the full thing for only a 12.00 diffrance.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 06:51:04 AM »
get what you need....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X