Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First try beef ribs on the 26"  (Read 1082 times)

kemmons

• WKC Brave
First try beef ribs on the 26"
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »
First time cooking beef ribs.  It was kind of a spur of the moment thing today.  Found these at the store by chance and have been wanting to do them for awhile.  Marinated them in KC Masterpiece steakhouse marinade for about 2 hrs.  Before they went on the grill I did a simple SPG rub, this being the first time trying these I wanted to keep it simple. 

I used a 2x2 snake and went low and slow for this cook.  This was the first time I used the Kingsford lump briquettes.  They seemed to burn the snake a little hotter and faster than regular KBB.  Kept it at around 225-300 depending on which thermometer you were looking at. 

After about 2.5 hours.  At this point I foiled them for another hour and a half and let them finish out there. 

Done and sliced.

Pretty happy for a first attempt. 

By the way I posted in the introduction forum a few minutes ago but couldn't wait to post this cook.  I've got a bunch more recent cooks I'll be posting in the future.  Look forward to sharing my cooks and other Kettle related info with you guys. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: First try beef ribs on the 26"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:44:22 PM »
Nice! Are those back ribs?

kemmons

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »
Thanks Jason and yes beef back ribs. 

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
Welcome! That's an awesome first try there. I haven't done beef ribs yet but I will soon thanks to this.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »
Looks good! I love beef ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
First try beef ribs on the 26"
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »
[emoji106][emoji481] that's awesome. You guys are killing me with these beef rib cooks. I haven't done them yet but that is next. And when I say next I mean tomorrow [emoji41]

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Man, those look great!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »
Thanks Jason and yes beef back ribs.

Thanks for the come back. I would give those a shot, If I could find some that meaty. Chuck short ribs are my go to, and are just about my favorite thing to do low and slow. Good job on those back ribs, they look very tasty.