Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Chief is HOME! Thanks to Jon.  (Read 1156 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
The Chief is HOME! Thanks to Jon.
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
I drove to Bakersfield this morning to get my second 26" grill... The story about its purchase has been told already on here so I'll just post some pics of my first cook on "him", being a "Chief" he is now known as Kawliga. After knowing it was mine I already knew what I wanted to make, I had some chicken strips that I had a butcher cut for me, a few bell peppers and some onion and my BIG OL' PAN!!..kind of a chicken fajita thing. Turned out pretty dang good and was fun to do! Will get some daytime pics tomorrow, after picking it up I had to go into work for a bit, so it was dark out when I got it going. This club here is the best group of people I know, and a HUGE THANK YOU to @Jon !!! and everyone else that has helped in me slowly going broke!..LOL

https://www.flickr.com/photos/varekai/albums/72157677383970615
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: The Chief is HOME! Thanks to Jon.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »
Nice looking fajitas! What kind of pan is that? Looks like it was made for that kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »
Damn, now that's a pan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 07:53:49 PM »
@kettlebb It's a Big Daddy Skillet, 20 1/2"...Heres a link, http://www.firepies.com/bigdaddy.html#.WEOeafkrKUkalthough , I found mine locally on letgo, $25 and had to have it, mostly as a conversation piece but I did take it camping once. It's a lot of fun. As soon as I knew I was getting the Chief,  I knew the pan was going to cook something on it!!
This is attached to the skillet, it's a Big Daddy 20 1/2" by Darin McMaster, on Flickr
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »
How about that. Made in my back yard. Kind of, 42 miles from my hometown. I'll be looking for one of those. Good setup you have there bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.