Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie question?  (Read 1405 times)

Rondo

• WKC Brave
Rotisserie question?
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »
I was looking at the rotissirie and see where it may be 8 to 10" in height. I could not find any specs on that. Was wondering if anyone uses it for slow cooking other stuff without the rotisserie to raise the top from the charcoal if this makes sense. Was wondering if you could put that in then raise the cooking grate.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rotisserie question?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »
It won't work bud. There's no lip for the grate to sit on. It would take modifying. One side of the grate sits on the nuts on the roti bracket.... Huh, huh, but the other side and possibly another would need something as well. As soon as you put meat on it, it would fall. As far as the height, 6 1/2".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Rotisserie question?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
I shouldn't say won't work. It could. Just take some simple nuts and bolts to do it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:13:46 PM by Travis »

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 12:13:22 PM »
Thanks, I guess it could be modified but probably not necessary. How do you like yours?

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »
I absolutely love having a rotisserie. I honestly think it takes cooking to another level. It's an investment for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
I like to cook two slabs of ribs indirect using two Weber charcoal baskets on opposite sides.
A very common set-up.

If I had a 6" high ring, I think I could do 4 slabs laying flat.
With a roto ring, add some bolts where needed to support your second grate.

Cajun won't sell a roto ring with no holes punched and the 12" stacker seems like more than I need. 
If I was in charge, I could pull a roto ring off the line with no holes, but alas, I am not in charge.

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
I haven't decided to let go of the money for the root yet.i have heard nothing but good things about it. That and the vortex. I have a 22.5 one touch gold. I have actually done pulled pork and had 11 hours on it. Added charcoal once. Doing a small brisket tomorrow. Always looking to improve and if it cooks chicken that good, it would be worth it. That's an area I'm weak in.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
I'm not sure exactly why, but I haven't done any slow cooks on my roti just yet.  I used to use it at high heat for pizza, and that's when I added several bolts at the same height as the two bracket nuts to hold up a grate.  Works just fine. 

I guess one reason why I've been reluctant to use the ring for smoking is that the ring itself doesn't fit very tight.  I usually fold up some aluminum foil to fill the gaps when I'm cooking on the rotisserie. 
One of the charcoal people.