Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ring of wing  (Read 1925 times)

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Ring of wing
« on: April 26, 2016, 03:59:16 AM »
I've grilling wings for years but I finally tried the ring of wing on Saturday and wow, it was really good I can't believe how crispy the skin was.
Had to cook up some shrimp while I was waiting on the wings.
It was so good I did it again on Sunday, along with some sweet potato fries (marinated in coconut oil, brown sugar,and a lot of cayenne pepper), asparagus and brat patties

Thanks for taking a look.

●|||||||●

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ring of wing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:14:34 AM »
What the? Hardly know where to look it's all so great.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:23:43 AM »
@RumBar  -  Everything looks amazing!  How did the sweet potato fries come out?  I recently picket up two warming racks and haven't used them.  Might have to break them in tonight.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:39:18 AM »
The sweet potatoes are good, the sweetness and the cayenne pepper mix nicely.
The warming rack works really well for me, I wish I had more or them.

●|||||||●

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »

●|||||||●

Did you precook the fries at all, or all grill?  Did they come out crispy on the outside?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »
Shrimp, potatoes, wings, oh my!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
Ring of wing
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 05:40:20 PM »
Looks really great! Are the brat patties simply brats that are taken out of the casing, pressed and cooked, or is their something else to them? Also would you share your shrimp recipe? I'm always experimenting and love to try different versions of things. Thanks in advance for the reply!

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 07:47:20 AM »

●|||||||●

Did you precook the fries at all, or all grill?  Did they come out crispy on the outside?
The fries are completely done in the grill, I haven't found a way to get them crispy yet but they're not mushy either. The coconut oil and cayenne pepper are really good together on the fries. I may try searing them in a cast iron skillet with next time after they're done to crisp them up.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 07:54:11 AM »
Looks really great! Are the brat patties simply brats that are taken out of the casing, pressed and cooked, or is their something else to them? Also would you share your shrimp recipe? I'm always experimenting and love to try different versions of things. Thanks in advance for the reply!

2-1/2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
3 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup beer
1 cup water
2 pounds extra large shrimp, shell split and deveined
I brought everything to a boil in a cast iron skillet and added the shrimp. Cooked until pink. It's s pretty basic recipe and has lots of room to be tweaked.