Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cooking Lobster Tails?  (Read 2365 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Cooking Lobster Tails?
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:55:04 AM »
Hey Guys

I'm going to cook a few small lobster tails this afternoon on my ss performer. Anybody got ant tips or recipes? I've not done this before.

Thanks
SteveZ
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Re: Cooking Lobster Tails?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:07:50 AM »
When I grill tails I cut the shell down the back with scissors and then run a knife down through the  meat and bend them in half length wise to butterfly them. Brush some butter and lemon on and then lay them meat side down on a indirect but hot grate for four or five minutes.

●|||||||●

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:41:52 AM »
I usually cut straight down the back with scissors, then pull the meat out of the slice leaving it connected in the tail.  Lay the meat over the shell. (Fancy Butterflied)  Brush with melted butter, garlic, Old Bay.
Grill indirect with meat up.  It cooks quick though...do not over cook!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:08:53 AM »
Hey Steve, here are two to riff off of. I did this one with @chuck s : http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/lobster-tails-twice-cooked-potatoes-asparagus-naan/ It was "best evah." And here's a great one @SixZeroFour did: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/lobster-tails-melted-onions-wkc-gus'-and-roasties/

They cook fairly quick, so don't run off once you put them on.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

peshewah

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 08:34:37 PM »
I take a pair of scissors and cut the top shell down the middle. I put them on direct heat top side down for about 3 minutes, flip them, lightly pour butter and garlic inside shell, and cook for "maybe" for another 3 minutes. The shell kinda opens up a little bit. The meat pulls away from the shell.  Note I only cooked little tails , not the big daddy's. I don't know if the butter does anything but flare up a fire. I would rather wait and put butter and garlic in a cup to dip the meat in when I plate but my wife is with me to bark orders.

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
@RumBar  My wife just saw your pic and said "We're going to do this when we get home!" :)
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 03:32:59 PM »
Post some pics of your tails and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk