Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ciabatta Pizza  (Read 1671 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Ciabatta Pizza
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:54:37 PM »
I have done this many times, it works. I have seen all on cooking Za, but this is a quick an easy, on a tough night. Cook ciabatta until warm, remove and cut in half. Tonight I used the Q, but have done may times indirect with charcoal. Tonight was a abbreviated bruschetta style.(Diced tomatoes, onion, garlic olive oil and fresh basil, then topped with olive tamponade, blue cheese crumbles and at last Mozzo)
 :)My favorite if Buffalo chicken style :).

Tonight:

The start

The finish

Desert...

Thanks for looking.

Santo

• WKC Brave
Re: Ciabatta Pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:29:46 AM »
Just to clarify, did you use ciabatta dough for this or a loaf of ciabatta bread?

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:38 AM »
Just to clarify, did you use ciabatta dough for this or a loaf of ciabatta bread?

Store purchased loaf. I have also used the buns for mini pizzas.

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 04:56:57 AM »

Store purchased loaf. I have also used the buns for mini pizzas.

It looks delicious!  The simplicity of it and the quick turn around time is very appealing.  Was there any stone or pan underneath the tinfoil?

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 05:10:29 AM »
Yes, it is a quick meal and easy prep. For this cook I used an insulated cookie sheet. Foil was just for ease of removal.
Ciabatta crisps up well enough on the outside, so there is really no need for a stone. The stone helps to weep moisture
out, for a crispier crust, AKA fresh dough.

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 05:29:44 AM »
Yes, it is a quick meal and easy prep. For this cook I used an insulated cookie sheet. Foil was just for ease of removal.
Ciabatta crisps up well enough on the outside, so there is really no need for a stone. The stone helps to weep moisture
out, for a crispier crust, AKA fresh dough.

Gotcha.  I'm a big fan of any pizza so I try and pick up tips and tricks from wherever I can.  I have a DIY pizza stacker that I've ran twice with moderate success (pics to follow soon).  This is a great alternative on the gasser when I don't have the time or energy for the kettle.  Thanks!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 02:17:24 PM »
Looks great for a quick workday cook!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »
Really wish I had a piece of that pizza right now! ... could prob force a cookie or two down as well ;) ;D

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E