Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stuffed Pork Loin w/PrOn  (Read 1664 times)

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Stuffed Pork Loin w/PrOn
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »
Want to share this cook with you fella's.  We had a big group for Mother's Day, so I needed something special.  I bought a whole pork loin at RD.  Cut it in half and brined overnight (apple juice, salt, italian seasoning, garlic, pepper).  The next morning I butterflied and stuffed with cooked Jimmy Dean Hot sausage and apple slices sautee'd in brown sugar, cinnamon & butter.  Rolled her up and wrapped in a bacon weave.  Seasoned with Simply Marvelous rub.

I set up the snake (w/pecan chunks) in my 26er:

Cooked at about 280* for about 3 1/2 hours (pulled at 140* IT):

Sliced to enjoy:

This came out really good.  The pork was juicy.  It needed more flavor - maybe some kind of sauce/gravy would have helped - or maybe more seasoning.  All-in-all, a fun cook.  The snake method is my favorite - so easy.  Thanks for looking! (sorry the pix are rotated wrong)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Stuffed Pork Loin w/PrOn
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »
Good things happening over there in Smyrnaville, JJ!

Trying to get a sense of scale here ... you cut the loin in half, but still wouldn't fit on a 22?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 12:45:08 PM »
That's a pretty sharp cook. I'm surprised you thought it was lacking in flavor. Next time, make sure that each ingredient or layer gets at least salt and pepper and tastes good before combining it all together. So try seasoning the apple and sausage mixture, the inside of the roast, and the outside of the roast before wrapping with bacon. Feel free to put a (possibly) salt free rub on the outside of the bacon too.

Hope that helps,  and thanks for sharing!

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
Good things happening over there in Smyrnaville, JJ!

Trying to get a sense of scale here ... you cut the loin in half, but still wouldn't fit on a 22?
Thx bro!  They would've fit on a 22.  I just like the space on the 26er - the snake never crosses the meat.

Jack Fate

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »
Interesting pork loin . They been selling cheap lately. Been tempted but didn't know what to do with them . Maybe more rub & a glaze. Thanks you gave me good ideas
Cheers

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
Perhaps you could try butterflying it out before brining to expose more meat to brine solution.

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »
Perhaps you could try butterflying it out before brining to expose more meat to brine solution.
good idea!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 11:07:12 AM »
A+++ for presentation alone.  Sausage wrapped in Pork loin wrapped in Bacon and smoked, wow, that's got to taste great.  I like the TASTE of smoked meat.  If you want more/different flavor, I've used fresh Rosemary out of the garden.  'Tis strong, me hearties, but adds to the essence of Miss Piggy.
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".