Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Frustrating day.  (Read 1819 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Frustrating day.
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »
I'm sure you have all had plans thay don't go the way they should. I just thought I would share mine with you.

I spotted what looked like a neat Blue 22 on Gumtree for $10. And knowing they don't last too long I pounced without giving a second thought to the fact that there was only one picture, and it was sideways.

I sat in traffic for over an hour to get to this thing. And when I got there it was such a dissappointment! The lid was all beaten up and the bowl was chipped. The legs were frozen in place abd the triangle was solid mass of rust. The wheels were pretty poor and lettering all gone. And then I opened it up.

The grate was shot and the charcoal grate was nearly nonexistent. Although the charcoal rails were there, they looked ready to dissolve. And then I looked past all that and noted that the One touch systwm was completely MIA!

FML!

But I paid the $10 and took. 'Cos I'll be fucked if I'm going to drive all that way, and sit in another hour plus of traffic going home, and have nothing to show for it!

At least I got a battered old twist ash catcher out of it.

Sent from another Galaxy using Mental Telepathy

If it breathes, we can cook it!

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Re: Frustrating day.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
Oh, and I drove for another hour and a half to pick up another grill for a mate, and that was missing parts even though advertised as new and complete!

Some days you just can't win.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
Well crap!!  2 points towards kettle-karma. Make a water fountain. Or a lamp.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »
Oh, and I drove for another hour and a half to pick up another grill for a mate, and that was missing parts even though advertised as new and complete!

Some days you just can't win.

thanks mate really appreciate it

clean that blue up and get cooking and pics
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »

But I paid the $XX and took. 'Cos I'll be fucked if I'm going to drive all that way, and sit in another hour plus of traffic going home, and have nothing to show for it!

Been there...
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/i'm-done-done!-i've-learned-my-lesson/msg21290/#msg21290
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
Dave, I think it's also missing the ash tray. But it just so happens I have a new one here you can have if you don't have one.

I should have enough bits to make a decent cooker out of the Blue. But now that I have my SS and my double barrelled table, I don't think I got room to cook with it.

Yeah I know.....First world problems.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »
Sorry to hear of your woes JC. Would you mind sharing a few pictures? I picked a blue 18 up by the beach a couple years back that was in the type of condition you described (roached). I met the guy at a fast food joint and just paid the agreed $35 and bailed. The good news was after a really extensive clean up and repair it went for $80.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »
Sounds to me like it is destined to become a cooker.  Beat the hell out of it and get your retribution that way.
Uncommon sense seeker

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »
Just use it for the "family" pictures! It will be worth the ten bucks when you make us all feel like we need more kettles because your weber family is bigger than ours. :)
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
Kako, that's a crack up. I may do just that.

I'll try and get some decent shots of it before I do any work.