Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's on your pit today?!  (Read 3235 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
What's on your pit today?!
« on: September 29, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
Lots of deals going south around here, it's time to lighten the mood! Show what your cooking/cooked today!

For me it's my wedding anniversary so I'm doing a cook my wife loves. Teriyaki flank steak, baked potatoes and a hobo pack of portabella mushrooms.

Cooking on my Lady's brownie today

Taters and shrooms cooking away

The main event! This is my first flank steak, finally found one locally.

The steak took just a few minutes at around 600f

The steak shot

Plated up for hungry bellies

Flank is such a great cut of meat, I wish I had marinaded it longer than 3.5 hours for a boost in flavor.

Dessert is on now

Banana bread with cinnamon chips and strawberry cobbler. Sorry no pics was in a rush to get it on the grill. Will post some final shots of that in a few.

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
Re: What's on your pit today?!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
nothing fire cooked here. had some kitchen issues, so the wife got us some take out Mexican(I had carne guisada tacos). but, more importantly, grats on your anniversary and may you have many more happy years together!
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
Happy Anniversary!

Pulled pork stir fry, using the SS performer and the kettle gasser with the Wok.

8)

Dude, relax your chicken.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
Congrats on the anniversary!  With meals like that I am sure she will stick around for a while longer. 

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »
Thanks guys! Pulled pork stir fry sounds great! I really want to do fajitas with another flank steak soon.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »
Happy anniversary, Michael!  That's a beautiful meal, too.
One of the charcoal people.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 04:16:53 PM »
Happy anniversary Michael! Nice looking meal and brownie you've got there...wonder which dirtbag sent that one to ya ;)
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »
Happy Anniversary, Michael and um yeah pass me a bite of that steak through the computer please?!

Looks awesome!

Oh and nothing near as exciting here tonight. Just some brats on the brownie. Waiting for things to be ready . It's so peaceful outside.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:38:56 PM by Craig »

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
Looks great! We cooking in the house tonight.bonless chops stuffed with spinach, garlic, onions. Seared and smothered with mushroom soup and the remaining stuffing. Then roasted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
Great cooks gents! Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Tonight is roasted chicken on the MT(my favorite grill) creamy mushroom sausage polenta with cheese, corn and broccoli.

Here's an action shot of the chicken

Polenta in action bubbling away

Great dinner, nothing like kettle roasted chicken!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
Quote from: Chasing_smoke

Great dinner, nothing like kettle roasted chicken!
[/quote

AMEN!! :)

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
6lb Boston Butt, went on at 9:30 am CST

I could not find my chimney starter. Makes me wonder. Had to use the gas assist on the Performer to get things going.

Also have some ABTs from the biggest jalapenos I have ever seen, and a few bacon wrapped onion rings. Only these will not be fried.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 09:49:26 PM »
Looks great Jimmy!

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
The Butt turned out ok. Sorry for no after pics or plated pics. The 2x1 coal snake ran a little short for some reason. Held rock steady 225 for 7-7.5 hrs. I pulled the meat a little early hoping for more carry over but never really reached 190 for a good pulled pork. Slices awesome, tender, real nice smoke ring, just kinda rushed it I think.

I will burn a 2x2 snake next time (this weekend) and see where that gets me.

Bacon wrapped onion rings are ok but the prep will eat a ton of bacon. Just FYI. I cant imagine doing that for a big cook.

The ABTs were...well..ABTs. You seen one, you seen all. Did nothing special, cream cheese and bacon with a little dusting of rub. Nothing fancy at all.

Hmmm what to cook next weekend....