Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maple Syrup/Sugar recipe thread (share your recipes)  (Read 1072 times)

Cellar2ful

Maple Syrup/Sugar recipe thread (share your recipes)
« on: June 14, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »

Thanks to @CatskillSmoker  suggestion, here is a thread to share your recipes using maple syrup or maple sugar as an integral ingredient.  Post the recipe and photo of the cook if possible. I find photos will entice me to attempt a new cook,more so than just with a recipe post.

Here's one of my favorites: 

Ginger Maple Chicken

INGREDIENTS

-1 shallot, finely sliced
-3/4 cup apple cider
-1/2 cup dark pure maple syrup
-1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
-1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus 5 sprigs for the roasting pan
-3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
-6 or 8 chicken thighs (I use organic chicken in this recipe otherwise there is tremendous amount of chicken fat oil to drain off)
-3 medium apples, cored and sliced

In a medium bowl whisk the shallot, cider, maple syrup, grated ginger, apple cider vinegear, chopped thyme leaves, kosher salt and ground pepper. 

Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag and add in the chicken thighs. Seal the bag and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator 12-24 hours.

After the chicken has marinated, remove the chicken and place in a large cast iron skillet or baking dish. Arrange the apple slices and thyme sprigs around the chicken. Pour the marinate over the chicken and cook on the Weber (or oven @400 degrees) for 1 hour.  Baste the chicken at least once while cooking.

We serve it over a bed of farro. Wild rice could also be used.  Both absorb all the fantastic juices.

[img]http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/06/13/DSC06225.jpg[/img

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:50:28 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Maple Syrup/Sugar recipe thread (share your recipes)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:20:49 AM »
I'm Canadian, so here's my recipe;  Cook something, pour maple syrup on it, drink beer, eat.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:31 AM »
I'm Canadian, so here's my recipe;  Cook something, pour maple syrup on it, drink beer, eat.
Very easily repeatable recipe I assume @Darko sounds awesome
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 05:46:13 AM »

This guy knows what he's talking about! [emoji106][emoji106]
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »

Butternut Squash Soup  by  @inkaddictedchef1   

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/fall-(i-live-in-northern-ca-we-have-no-fall)-butternut-squash-soup!/new/#new

2 butternut squash split and seeded
1 onion halved
16 cloves peeled garlic
2 whole heads of garlic topped and placed mb in foil boat
4 chili of choice
1 apple
1 can evaporated milk
2 to 4 cups stock of choice
2 oz bourbon
1/2 c maple syrup
Zest of 1 orange
1/2 c bacon fat, duck fat, lard, butter or fat of choice melt over low heat with peeled garlic salt and pepper
Rub of choice I used a chipotle roasted garlic rub

Use fat to to brush flesh of veg, place garlic and chili in squash where weeds were removed from, season with rub roast indirect 400°ish till done puree together adding chili peppers one at a time until desired heat... enjoy
"Chasing Classic Kettles"