Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I've been inspired by @Troy  (Read 842 times)

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
I've been inspired by @Troy
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:20:15 PM »
I'm spending my vacation on the camping site in the Netherlands. Having constantly 9-11 people at my place and cooking for them, I took my combo with me. As I'm trying most of the time to cook something different or to use some different cooking method, I wanted to give a try to salmon grilling method presented by @Troy in one of his YT vids. I adjusted it by not using any rub or sauce and going simply with SPG (although salted the fish first after grilling to avoid the crust). Almost 3 lbs piece was done in 25 minutes (upper grate, no water pan, direct method, fish placed on grilling tray for easy pull off). @Troy, I need to admit that the result (just like you presented in your vid) was simply perfect! I've never had such salmon before. It was juicy, tasty and the folks loved it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:29:58 PM by qrczak1 »

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: I've been inspired by @Troy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
That smoker is awesome ! Lol made me chuckle looking at it . But the looks really good !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »
Yep[emoji3] made it especially for times like now on the camping. I have the standard 18 lid also with me so I can use it both ways - as a kettle and as a smoker.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:24:54 PM by qrczak1 »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
Very cool. I like the combo idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app