Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thank You Colin aka CatskillSmoker  (Read 895 times)

AZogas

• WKC Brave
Thank You Colin aka CatskillSmoker
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »
I'm so happy I live only an hour away from this fellow WKC Brother.  He sold me my first 26'er three weeks ago thanks to the recommendation from @captjoe06, another great WKC brother, who has helped me get my birth year grill and first redhead and introduced me to some killer northeast grillfellas, plus the legend from ATL,  @JEBIV and his awesome wife Tammy!

So my beautiful wife and I visited Colin for the first time at his barn and saw the most impressive kettle collection we have ever seen.  Who knows how long we spent there because I could not stop talking about kettles and bbq but during that time I let him know I was looking for a 22 inch rotisserie after seeing his 26 inch rotisserie.

So Colin found a kettle with rotisserie nearby (one that I missed on CL), negotiated the sale to a reasonable price and then agented the grill for me and let me know about it once the deal was almost finalized.   I'm still smiling from cheek to cheek because I've been looking for this type of deal for over a year!!!!

It gets better.......  Colin lives near an authentic German Style butcher and smoke house and recommended I visit on my way home.

Well .....I decided I will never pass his exit on Interstate 87(Exit 20 Saugerties, NY) without stopping at the Catskill Smokehouse.... Colin please correct me if I got the name wrong...... because there is nothing like this near me.... closest is Chester's Smokehouse in Albany, NY.

So the moral of the story is that I've met some amazing people in this club starting with my friend Glenn (@OGlenn) who sold me my first black OTG kettle.  He also checked up on me to see how I was enjoying my charcoal grilling experience,  and told me to check out the Weber Kettle Club.....so thankful!!

I look forward to meeting more grillfellas and hope to attend Chicago Meetup in the near future after my wife and I enjoyed the Northeast meetup so much last weekend.

Below are pics of the kettle with rotisserie Colin found for me plus pictures of the brisket burgers I cooked on it as soon as I got home from the butcher Colin recommended....btw Colin cleaned the bowl and rotisserie so I could use it as soon as I got home!!!!  What an outstanding guy he is!!!!  Going to spin picnic pork shoulder on it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: Thank You Colin aka CatskillSmoker
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 06:06:44 AM »
Anytime brother. Always willing to help out. Smokehouse of the Catskills on Rt.212 in Saugerties.
I'll keep you up to date on the Blue SA 18.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 06:39:42 AM »
Nice!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »
@CatskillSmoker is a great guy! Always looking out for grills for other members. Great job guys.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 07:04:38 AM »
@CatskillSmoker is a great guy! Always looking out for grills for other members. Great job guys.

Truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

AZogas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:27:49 AM »
Roti is spinning picnic pork shoulder on my daily driver.   On deck is 26'er also assisted by @CatskillSmoker and @captjoe06 with chicken thighs and drumsticks in a few hours!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app