Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Help or Suggestions  (Read 1699 times)

Donald McRonald

• Smokey Joe
Re: Rotisserie Help or Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »
With the rotisserie set up I like to spin two chickens over direct heat with the lid on, vents top and bottom open.
Two 2 kilo chickens with a slight rub over direct heat for about an hour.
The advantage of direct heat is quicker cook time and most importantly the smoke of the fat hitting the coals.
The smoke is the key; more so than any rub or marinade.

Give it a go; it'll paddle whack your taste buds and leave you satisfied like a spanked groom on his honeymoon night.

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »
That's effin brilliant.

For a second I thought you were going to say you drilled holes/slots and turned it into a dual-purpose skewer accessory.

Daddy really wants one of the old shish kebab rings ... covered skewers FTW.

I'm not much of a skewer fan, but that's a grate idea too.  If you decide to do it watch the mounting screws for the motor bracket. I got lucky & went just far enough under them that I can get the grate in, but if you aren't watching it, could get ya.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 05:23:51 PM »
Thanks Don McRon, I've gotta try that radical directness. Anything that will "paddle whack your taste buds and leave you satisfied like a spanked groom on his honeymoon night" can't be bad.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch