Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Mats  (Read 852 times)

BBQFiend

• Smokey Joe
Grill Mats
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did a search and only found a short thread in holiday finds. It didn't talk about if people have actually used these or not. They seem like an ok idea. I just can't logically not see something seeping from the mat into the food. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I also was wondering about different applications for it. Like maybe simmering vegetables in butter while steak cooks?
https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/9-reasons-why-every-kitchen-should-have-grill-mats
Weber 22" Kettle Grill

SixZeroFour

Re: Grill Mats
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:23:22 PM »
I have only used the Cookina brand grill sheets as that is what we sell at our store but I would highly recommend them. They hold all juices at the meat and wont allow the mess to fall through down into the grill. They also make cleanup WAY easier in many cases as you can just pick up either side of the mat and drain the mess into the garbage. Then a little soap and water and its good as new...

You will still get the grill makes directly through the sheet which is cool. The sheets are made from PTFE (teflon) and are completely safe unless you manage to burn the sheet with an open flame. The Cookina brand sheets are good up to 550 degrees but others out there are made for less (+/- 450).

These are awesome in smokers as well and can be cut to any size.

I'm a big fan [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

BBQFiend

• Smokey Joe
Re: Grill Mats
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:58:22 AM »
Thanks for the info. What have you mainly used them for? Grilling vegetables?
Weber 22" Kettle Grill