Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stupid question?  (Read 1135 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Stupid question?
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:08:42 PM »

So this is what I got going down on thanksgiving, 4.5 pound pork loin and 5ish pounds worth of turkey breast.

Time for the stupid question. Has anyone used these bag to oven turkeys or breasts on the grill? Like take it out of everything defrost it and cook it like you would if it wasn't in a bag thing?

I plan on dry brining and doing a simple injection on both, (broth, garlic powder, fine ground Limon pepper, salt, fresh lemon juice.) Then tossing it on the grate with a chunk of cherry

For the pork loin I'm going to split it in 2 I found a garlic jalapeno seasoning that just sounds too good not to use and on the other I was planning on using @rub 's rub and spinning the pair.

What do you all think? Suggestions incurraged , this is my 2nd thanksgiving hosting and first I'm doing on the grill. [emoji482]

#ChrisO

• Smokey Joe
Re: Stupid question?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:36:45 PM »
It sounds good to me. Just put a filled waterpan under it and like normally watch your temperature.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:23 AM »
I can't imagine why that would not work, you going indirect on both the turkey and the pork? I know i would,just watch your internal temps and you should be looking good. 2nd time hosting so you must have done something right the first time. good luck
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:48:16 AM »
I think you should be fine. The bag is there to keep the breasts moist and not get too dark for the beginning cook. You’re way pst that and have got it covered. I would be careful not to inject too early, depending on how much lemon juice you’re using. It could possibly turn the meat mushy on the inside since it’s acidic. Pineapple juice can do the same. If it’s just a few TBS or so in your recipe you should be fine. My rub goes real nice with pork loin with a medium to heavy coverage, but don’t cake it.  Hope you like it and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 06:13:33 AM »
Thanks guys , hopefully it all turns out good!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 05:55:53 PM »
@LiquidOcelot check if it's "enhanced" with a salt solution already. I'd hate for you to oversalt/brine it.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
@LiquidOcelot check if it's "enhanced" with a salt solution already. I'd hate for you to oversalt/brine it.
True that. If it is I'll leave out salt and just add the other stuff