Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Was in the mood for breakfast ......  (Read 1852 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Was in the mood for breakfast ......
« on: November 08, 2017, 10:56:30 AM »
This morning I invited my mother over for brunch . I have been wanting to try a “skillet” on the Weber but never got around to trying it . With much help from here keeping the kiddos entertained , I fired up some charcoal and got the grill going . All the stuff I made in this skillet is stuff I had in the fridge so it kinda worked out . First I fried the bacon in the cast iron , following I did pork sausage . After that I threw a bag of hash browns on . ( I would have rather done real taters , but this is what I had to work with ) . My mother made the gravy on the stove , I only have one cast iron and two hands lol. After the hash browns were done I crumbled the bacon on top and added 6 scrambled eggs and let it sit . Eggs didn’t take long. Threw some on a plate topped with gravy and BAM I had made a master piece [emoji106] seriously tho it was pretty damn good . Better than what I expected . I would recommend giving it a shot.

Wait for it.......

Only thing I didn’t get the hash browns as crispy as I like . But oh well. This is gonna be added to my menu for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:59:41 AM by Dc_smoke309 »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Was in the mood for breakfast ......
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
Looks deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! Dat gravy tho *drool*
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 11:15:29 AM »
Holy schnikies, that looks incredible. Makes me want to take a nap just looking at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »
Looks incredible/ put me right into a brunch/food coma just looking
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
Oh man!!! Looks fantastic!! Add cheddar cheese and def get those taters nice and crispy! Oh and don’t forget some hot sauce!!

And I love using my cast iron on the kettle. I just wish I had a skillet with two small handles instead of a 10 inch long stick wasting space on my grill!!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »
I gained 10 lbs from that last picture. "Thanks."

... but it was worth it
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 02:33:46 PM »
... I just wish I had a skillet with two small handles ...

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 02:35:39 PM »
Oh man!!! Looks fantastic!! Add cheddar cheese and def get those taters nice and crispy! Oh and don’t forget some hot sauce!!

And I love using my cast iron on the kettle. I just wish I had a skillet with two small handles instead of a 10 inch long stick wasting space on my grill!!

Buy this one

Lodge L10SKL Cast Iron Pan, 12", Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714CXBTF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Hs5aAbJN4Q5TE

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »
Yeah Brandon. Their website shows skillets in different sizes with those handles. I’ve been lusting over every size since I saw them. It says they are new and aimed at people using them in grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »
Maybe one day I’ll get a new one. It hasn’t developed into a ‘need’ just yet nor does my wallet allow it. I also have a large CI griddle that helps get me by. But this 17” one is on my Amazon wishlist for when it does develop to a need or my wallet gets fatter.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00063RWVG/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1510198377&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cast%2Biron%2Bskillet%2Blarge&dpPl=1&dpID=41GpMEVUQDL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I may settle for a 15” though. Hmmmmm
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:44:44 PM by Schaefd2 »
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »
I agree with @kettlebb Those Lodge handleless skillets are perfect!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 04:24:38 AM »
Maybe one day I’ll get a new one. It hasn’t developed into a ‘need’ just yet nor does my wallet allow it. I also have a large CI griddle that helps get me by. But this 17” one is on my Amazon wishlist for when it does develop to a need or my wallet gets fatter.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00063RWVG/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1510198377&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cast%2Biron%2Bskillet%2Blarge&dpPl=1&dpID=41GpMEVUQDL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I may settle for a 15” though. Hmmmmm

I saw one similar to this at Marshalls for $30. I don't remember if it was 15 or 17 though. They also have cheaper Lodge cast irons there in general. I picked up my 12" (with a handle so it barley fits on my 22") for less than $20. With all these skillet posts I'll probably be picking one of these up  :-X
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »
This thread just makes me happy...
One of my favorite ways to cook...

Ya done it up right...

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 03:50:46 AM »
Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
Looks good! I love cooking breakfast on the grill. Well done!