Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: C code WSM! Rescue, Restore and Respect  (Read 1883 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
C code WSM! Rescue, Restore and Respect
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »
... about 2 months ago @cellar2ful reached out in a Northern California grillfella e-mail thread asking if anyone was interested in an older WSM. I was first to respond in thread and he sprung into action reaching out to the seller. The ad was posted for $100 and I spoke with Jim about not really wanting to spend more than $75 if possible. As he was talking with the seller he informed me that he wouldn't be able to be in Santa Cruz (the WSM location)until three weeks later, at this point I let him know I'd gladly pay the asking price if the seller would hold it until he could make it, as I had no time to make the trip down either. Jim and the seller struck an agreement at the asking price and the seller agreed to hold until Jim's trip. We discussed the normal formalities... about not posting until he had it and such, of course I agreed.
Some time passed, still before Jim was to take his trip, and I asked if he would contact the seller about the grates and vent code... I waited impatiently for what seemed like hours, actual time was less than 15 minutes and the first pic rolled in. The grates were in great shape, cool but not what I was truly wanting to see. Moments later a new text... and there it was a C code!
So now I am in the know that I potentially own a first year WSM C code that looks to be in really nice shape, but Jim's trip is not for another couple of weeks and I am not the patient type. The weeks pass and the weekend of Jim's trip passes and neither of us make mention of the WSM.  He posts pics from his trip on FB and I make mention of how beautiful and relaxing the trip looked, that I hoped he had a great time... his response was they had a great time and oh, by the way he had secured the WSM.  Holy SHIT was I excited. Conversation moves to text as we hammer out details of the exchange. He informs me he is heading up to Tahoe and we could meet up at a local restaurant which he was planning on stopping at for lunch. That day was today... and here she is MY C code WSM from landing in my vehicle to clean up and first hot burn, enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: C code WSM! Rescue, Restore and Respect
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »
Wow!  Nice team work.  Great addition to your growing family. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 06:32:18 PM »
That turned out great.
I can't wait to see your cooks on it.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »
And now the fun begins...;)

Congrats Matt. You're going to love cooking on that thing.

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »
Congrats for that black pearl!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »
You had me crazy proud of what I paid for mine... Till I saw it was an 18"! VERY NICE!
Still need a 22” yellow