Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just a Cookbook I Like  (Read 1451 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Just a Cookbook I Like
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
I know we all like grilling cookbooks. I have a bunch. Weber, Cook's Illustrated, Williams Sonoma, Jaime Purvance, Gary Wiviott, Steve Raichlen, you name it. But I have to say one of my new favorites is one I picked up today, by none other than Better Homes and Gardens. Great recipes, great format, great photos. One of the few where every page I turned had me thinking I'd like that NOW. Tons of sauces, marinades, rubs, brines and salsas. Over 350 pages. Honestly, if this was the only one I owned, I would be set. If you don't have any, start with this one. You can get in on Amazon for $7.00. Anyway, I'm sure you have cookbooks you would recommend. Let's see 'em!
Retired

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Just a Cookbook I Like
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:10:56 PM »

got these 2 my daughter of course then wanted one so she got the nifty school lunch since she's going to start pre k this year

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Just a Cookbook I Like
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:57:38 AM »
Good idea for a thread, Marty.  I'm always on the lookout for all types of good cookbooks, not just cookbooks specific to grilling. 

These 4 books seem to always be on my counter because I reference them the most. 

I highly recommend "The New Making of a Cook" for those who are looking to learn the science behind cooking and for nailing down technique.    If I only had one cookbook, this voluminous tome would be it. 

These are the two cookbooks I'm currently working through for fun.

Anyone else with cookbook suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 08:08:11 AM »
@mr.cpho the burger one has a lot of good stuff I like that it's not ALL burgers

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:38:55 AM »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Nolamike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
I just checked out Adam Perry Lang's "Charred and Scruffed" from the library, and it looks mighty impressive.  Can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 03:17:33 PM »
I haven't got it yet but I loved his show.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »
"Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto" is right up at the top for me. I will say though, there is quite a bit of overlap with his 'BBQ With Franklin' show that aired on PBS (and can be seen on YouTube).

Also, I really enjoy "Peace, Love, and Barbecue" by Mike Mills. Some excellent recipes and good stories not only make it a great cookbook, but a cool coffee table book too!