Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Simple yet delicious Kettle style pork butt  (Read 994 times)

Cuje

• Happy Cooker
Simple yet delicious Kettle style pork butt
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »
I'm all about simplicity when BBQ'ing (and when doing pretty much anything else)...this year I've kind of changed my strategy a little bit to try and make the cook less needy but, still full of flavor...so I ran to the local meat market, picked up a nice Boston Butt, did zero trimming, lathered it up with some olive oil and a good KC rub from home and let it sit over night on the fridge...before going to sleep I cracked a cold beer, kicked on some bluegrass and set up the kettle for a decently lengthy smoke (ended up finishing after approximately 6 hours)...stacked some Weber briquettes 2 wide and 2 tall (snake method) with a water pan in the center and placed a couple of water logged chunks of sugar maple on the snake...next day; fired up one side of the snake, let it warm to 275 and threw the butt right over top of the water pan...every two hours I sprayed it down with a red wine vinegar/water mix just to keep it moist...after about 6hrs it finished up and turned out great...great bark, great color and great taste...made sandwiches out of most of it and spread the rest over nachos with cheese...man I love some kettle cookin!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Simple yet delicious Kettle style pork butt
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:58:38 PM »
Looks good! Great bark

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Madpap

• WKC Brave
Re: Simple yet delicious Kettle style pork butt
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
That looks fantastic.