Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Teriyaki Steaks  (Read 1246 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Teriyaki Steaks
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
Two packs of ribeyes(? - not sure if I'm remembering the type correctly) were on sale at the store so I picked one up yesterday to cook for tonight. I guess it's to celebrate the end of the rotten midnight shift as much as anything. For whatever reason, I'd been craving teriyaki steak for the last few days. I've never marinated steaks before so I picked up the sauces and followed what I would do for chicken the odd time I've done teriyaki chicken.

The first order of business was to get the steaks marinating this morning after I got home from work in the light sauce:

After a nap and some housework, I got the steaks out after a good 11 hour marinade session, patted them dry and cracked some pepper onto them:

I got a chimney of Maple Leaf lump charcoal lit up and poured out. The steaks went on after the grill had a chance to warm up for a good sear.

The steaks got glazed with some thick teriyaki sauce after searing once they were on the indirect side of the grill.

After that, I took them in and let them rest. One got a harder sear on one side courtesy of a brief flareup but it wasn't any worse for it.

I ate the one that flared up and set aside the other for a friend who's had to take his kid to the hospital after he gets finished up with that. This is what it looked like when I cut into the flareup steak after it rested:

I was quite happy with the results. The only thing I'd change is to go slightly heavier, just a touch more, with the thick sauce when glazing them the next time.

Time for bed. I'm so happy to be able to sleep when it's dark out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Teriyaki Steaks
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »
That Sir, looks like a proper steak! Nicely done.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »
Nice looking steak there. Glad to hear your nights are over. Mine are just starting [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 02:55:07 AM »
Making my mouth water!  I've been marinating sirloin steak tips in teriyaki sauce when they are on sale.  My daughters love them. 

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
Those look awesome. I do teriyaki steaks quite often. I think the sugar in the teriyaki makes the color look great. Usually, I do the treatment on chuck steaks though. Takes them from a 5 to a 7 :)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »
I'll definitely be marinating steaks more often, that's for sure. And marinating foods in general; it's something I've never really done much of until now.

Nice looking steak there. Glad to hear your nights are over. Mine are just starting [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh brother. I hear you. I hope your work doesn't have the staffing issues mine has. At my place, two people got laid off this time last year but no shift coverage was scaled back.  Our 24/7 operation with three shifts a day on weekends and four shifts a day on weekdays is being carried by seven people on the rotation. We're all burnt out wrecks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app