Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber SS Performer reburbish  (Read 1773 times)

Ksmith4857

• Happy Cooker
Weber SS Performer reburbish
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »
Hello! I have a Weber SS Performer, and I am thinking about restoring it. Wondering if I should or shouldn't? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:18:13 PM by Ksmith4857 »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber SS Performer reburbish
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:35:09 PM »
First off welcome second pictures will help and there are a few restore threads to peruse at your leisure.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Ksmith4857

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »
I tried posting pics. Can someone please tell me how to? Have not found an attachment link.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:17:40 PM by Ksmith4857 »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:51:51 PM »
Maybe this will help and welcome from Il.

How to post pictures here at the WKC
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=2430

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksmith4857

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:38:16 AM »
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/thskws1994/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/FE4F9856-1F20-4E33-9C01-1262B7131BC9_zpsjjbwaxzk.jpg

Finally figured it out lol. My husband thinks it's too much to restore. He is concerned with replacing the shelf on bottom of the cart. I think it can be done. Would appreciate any advice
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:40:46 AM by Ksmith4857 »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 07:03:37 AM »
I'm not into the restoring part yet, but looks like it would be a good project and a nice cooker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ksmith4857

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
We actually purchased off Craigslist from a man in our area that restores Webers. Not sure he does it anymore. We have had it 6 yrs.

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
Restore it in a heartbeat. I don't know what it looks like but if its got a pulse bring it back to life!
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 10:35:48 PM »
@Ksmith4857.  Hello and welcome to the club from Eugene, OR.   First off, there are many many post within this site on helping to Repair an SSP.  You've already Rescued the Performer, so I say do everything you can to bring her back to her glory.  The SSP is regarded by many herein as the "premier" cooking machine, especially within the Performer product line.  My comments are based on the photobucket pic of a Forest Green SSP w/ a tilted bottom rack.  It looks as though the frame may need tightening, the ash pan may need re-installing, and the propane tank looks like a newer version???   Go to the WKC Home Page, scan down the right edge of the page until you see a link to performer repair or some such.  Put together an action list and share it here if you seek additional input.   Best of luck in your cleanUP  ...                               SJ

PS  To port your pic from photobucket to your thread entry here simply go to the photobucket image, right click on the image, click on the "copy image address" choice, then go to your thread entry again, click on the "Preview" button (it's below your entry), go to the "insert image" icon (it's right above those smilies), position the cursor where you want your image, click on the image insert icon and press Ctrl-V on your KBD.    ALSO, don't forget to "Post" the entire entry when you're done.
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Ksmith4857

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 07:28:44 AM »
@SmokenJoe there  is rust on the bottom rack, that flakes off. Not sure where you are saying to tighten. The ash catcher broke a couple of years ago and the bucket was my hubby's quick fix lol. As for the small propane tank, the man I bought it from, changed it to accommodate the little ones. Also after I started cleaning the bowl, noticed there was not an ash sweeper in the bottom. My husband says there never has been. Scraped a lot off the inside of the bowl and lid. Going to put some easy off on it too. Thanks for your input. 😊

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
@Ksmith4857 you seem to be doing just fine in your cleanUP.  Sometimes the frame becomes a little bit flexible due to loose bolts, it your frame is tight, then you're good to go.  Continue to read the help posts from other members that have restored SSP's in much worse shape than yours.  Collect all your "parts"; eg. your ash pan and ash pan ring can easily be re-installed.  A new ash sweep assembly is quite in expensive (you'll want the sweep assembly to help you control the temp of your cooks).  Read, read, read  ...  PS. try to avoid easy-off it can be harmful to any aluminum it touches  ...  instead consider #0000 steel wool and Krud Kutter.   Take your time (it's early spring) and enjoy the process, that SSP will last and cook for years too come.                   SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".