Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: So I suppose I'll seal it up.  (Read 10022 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: So I suppose I'll seal it up.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »
Re: mold...i just sponge lightly scrub the inside down or use a ss grill brush..hose it down..scrub just enough to remove mold but not all the seasoning ..then i place my grates in the smoker without the bowl and let the heat clean the body and grates during initial fireup.
Grills

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: So I suppose I'll seal it up.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 01:46:30 PM »
Dont think you are missing anything...
The high heat i think can be cured with less coals and the startup process i shared...i dont think slight air leaking is causing uncontrollable temps...try the startup process and i think you will be all set..it takes a few smokes to know how to get stable temp during fireup

I agree completely.  My 18 leaks like a sieve but the key for me has been set up using the minion method and starting out with 1/3-1/2 a chimney and closing down the bottom vents and catching control well before temps get away from me.  I don't have the Cajun bandit. I have smoke leaking out of the door and the top but don't hav problems getting it to lock in for long periods of time so long as ai start out with fewer hot coals and catch the temps well before they reach my target.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM