Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs!  (Read 1754 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Ribs!
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:16:29 AM »
Beautiful spring day out here in Western North Carolina! I've got the week off, and was going to do these for lunch, but with running errands and yard work they wound up being more of an appetizer for dinner. 

The set up: side burn in the basket with coshell, hickory, and apple woods

Was going to pull out my '83 red, but ever since I fixed this one up the '83 hasn't seen any love.

Ribs going on with a heavy coating of my homemade rub.

The dogs enjoying the weather

Ribs done after about 3 hours and twenty minutes, and several basting with my vinegar sauce. The kettle ran between 250 and 300 for most of the cook, I'm okay with that. I knew it was running hot, so I just made sure to keep an eye on the doneness. When the tooth pick when in easy I pulled them off.

Sent a buddy some pictures of open beers and ribs, and he headed on over. We were going to play some disk golf, but decided to just drink more beers. Wrapped the ribs up in foil, not a step I usually do, but they were done before he got here. Wrapped them in a towel and held in the oven for about an hour.

Sorry no more pictures, by the time we opened 'em up they didn't last very long. These might have been the best ribs I've ever made. Perfect bite (easily off the bone, but not mushy), great flavor (with or without sauce). I think the foil might have helped, might add this step into my cook now.

On deck tonight: rotisserie chicken
Friday night/Saturday: Brisket...
Stay tuned!

SixZeroFour

Re: Ribs!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:51:10 AM »
Those ribs look great, and nice photos as well WNC! Enjoy that week off!... 7 days of BBQ and beer sounds like a holiday in heaven 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
I have next week off and plan on quite a few beers, ribs and disc golf! Great looking ribs you got there. Get a basket, you can play at home and have many beers  8)

The basket also doubles as a great utility shelf to hold the lid and various items.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:31:11 AM »
Wow @jamesnomore, I am so going to have to do that! I don't play too much, but have the perfect spot along the back side of my property to put two baskets and be able to play a little. I also live a half mile from a course, so I can have many and walk if needed.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »
Wow those ribs look good! Is that crushed red pepper in your rub?
May The Smoke Be With You!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »
Wow those ribs look good! Is that crushed red pepper in your rub?

Nice eye there JDD, the crushed red pepper comes from the vinegar sauce I mop with, I like the kick.