Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help need info  (Read 1548 times)

jerr7

• Smokey Joe
Help need info
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
I need some insite and possiable suggestions about getting the Q110 from Pitmaster.I have the one touch gold 22.5 weber bbq kettle.On their site they wanted to have me drill hole beneath the ash holder. Has anyone did this the other option is to remove the ash catcher and tape the holes. I rather go with drilling cause I don't always be using the air adjuster . Any thoughts on this and anyone have pic of what they did to theirs
jerry
Weber 22in Touch,Kamado Joe Classic
weber 18 in  kettle
weber Q 10

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Help need info
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »
I need some insite and possiable suggestions about getting the Q110 from Pitmaster.I have the one touch gold 22.5 weber bbq kettle.On their site they wanted to have me drill hole beneath the ash holder. Has anyone did this the other option is to remove the ash catcher and tape the holes. I rather go with drilling cause I don't always be using the air adjuster . Any thoughts on this and anyone have pic of what they did to theirs
jerry

Jerry, I'm daffy with this stuff, but maybe if there's a response or two we'll get somebody in here who knows more about such things......

i use the IQMonkey system.....throw some charcoal in & monkey around with stuff a little bit & see how it comes out.... :o
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »
If the plan is to use it for low and slow, just remove the ash bucket assembly. Its only a couple minutes.
Then you can follow the directions for an OTS.
I went and read their instructions. I don;t really like the idea of drilling a hole that large in a nice grill, but I see why they do it.  8)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:57:30 PM by Heyjude »
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

jerr7

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »
Yes thanks to both of you gentleman, for the amount of cooks ill do for slow cooking i think that just taking off the catcher be alot easier and i have a roll heat tape, Dont want to really screw up a new Kettle lol. Might just decide to get the smokenator instead cheaper and dont have to fiddle around . I have smoked w/ coals on side and worked for me ribs, shoulder and my fav Meat loaf smoked lol'

jerry
Weber 22in Touch,Kamado Joe Classic
weber 18 in  kettle
weber Q 10