Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket, ribs and some side  (Read 1705 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Brisket, ribs and some side
« on: May 04, 2014, 05:50:41 AM »
Well my roommate and I had some friends from out of town come down for a concert and stayed with us for a couple of days.  I decided to show off and made a brisket, ribs, and some quick sides.  Most everything had at least one component that went onto the kettle.  I didn't get any prep shots, only finished shots.

Here was the brisket coming off the kettle and getting ready to be wrapped up.  I cooked it in one of my performers with the ring of fire method using Kingsford Blue and Maple wood.  I did a 3 layer ring so the temperature was cruising at about 325 degrees.  Brisket was rubbed with 50/50 by weight Kosher Salt and Butchers style course ground pepper.

Here are some terrible pictures of the sliced brisket flat and cubed up point.

I did 2 racks of spares, trimmed to St. Louis cut ribs and the tips on another performer using a blend of Kingford Blue and Kamado Joe Lump with maple wood running at about 350 degrees.  I rubbed them down with Butchers BBQ Premium Rub. 

Some sweet potato drop biscuits.  I dont have a biscuit cutter/empty can to cut out true biscuits.  So i went lazy mode and just used 2 spoons and made drop biscuits.  I had made the sweet potato puree earlier in the week for a previous dinner by roasting the sweet potatos on a kettle and adding other items.  I used the left over sweet potato puree for these biscuits.   Cooked in the oven.

Some quick homemade coleslaw.

Simple tomato, cucumber, onion salad.

Not pictures was some corn on the cob that I smoked in my kettle.  My friends were talking about how they made ribs and would par boil them and finish them on their gasser and they liked them that way.  I told them wait till they taste mine and then tell me what they think.  They said that they were the best ribs they had ever had whether it be from a restaurant, other peoples ribs, or their own ribs.  They also loved the brisket, I was surprised that they never had bbq brisket before.   

One of my friends commented on how this must of been a pain in the butt to cook.  I told him that it honestly wasn't very hard and told him BBQ isn't hard, that it just takes a long time in the cooker.  Her response was "How do you casually cook a feast on a Saturday afternoon?" 

The coleslaw took me 15 mins to prepare early in the morning. The cucumber/tomato salad took 15mins to prep right before I sliced the meat.  The sweet potato biscuits took a total of maybe 30 mins from mixing to baking them off.  Corn took 5 mins to chop the ends off of the corn and onto the cooker with husks and silk still on.  Brisket 15mins to prep and then about 6 hours on the kettle, ribs about 15-20mins to prep and about 3-4 hours on the kettle. 

Thanks for looking and sorry for the terrible quality pics. 
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Brisket, ribs and some side
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:54:08 AM »
That is a terrific cook. Looks great!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC