Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain / Re: Smoked Brisket on the 22” WSM
« Last post by Gringo on April 30, 2024, 01:41:56 PM »
Guys, I would also consider the FireDial for 22” kettle brisket cooks which gives you the entire real estate of the grate. Just put your water pan as normal under the grate and dial and will work with snake or minion. Ive also put the charcoal ring from an 18” WSM in the kettle when doing this method. I’ve done a few that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain / Re: Smoked Brisket on the 22” WSM
« Last post by Big Dawg on April 30, 2024, 01:36:00 PM »
Excellent write up!  I am salivating, right along with Beaux.  I had a 22" WSM (with some mods), and loved smoking briskets, butts and ribs etc, but ended up selling it, also because of my back.  Very difficult to prepare for a cook, and clean up after.  I felt like a kettle would be a suitable replacement, but it just isn't.  I am looking at getting back into a legitimate smoker, but having fun with my kettles for now.
Thanks so much!  Had to read back through the thread - it's been a few months since this cook.  It was a fun one, but I look forward to doing another one on a warm calm day very soon.  Kettles are a lot of fun and very versatile.  I'd recommend a 26" for you, but if you have back issues that lid can be like lifting a boat anchor.  I whole heartedly recommend the Summit for anyone who has back issues.  I must say when I choose what I'm going to cook on for the evening, the ease of raising / lowering the lid along with having the big SS table makes the Summit an easy, convenient choice.  Something about it - not sure what - but everything on the Summit seems to taste better than just about any other grill I cook on.

Cheers and thanks for bringing up this thread!

Agree on both points.  I loved cooking my WSMs when I was competing.  I had 2 of them and, one time, for a fund raiser that my Riding Group was doing for a house break-in victim, I cooked 12 butts at one time.  We sold out after the big ride.

I had Cajun Bandit doors on mine so I'm curious as to the door setup on yours. 

I also agree about the 26er.  I had to get rid of my WSMs as I down-sized my life.  A 26er is very versatile, especially if you add a Vortex and a Slow 'n Sear. 

Oh, and your brisket looks great ! ! !

BD
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Realization
« Last post by bamakettles on April 30, 2024, 12:48:20 PM »

“Now that’s a Fiiirre!” Making me remember Eddie Murphy’s skit from back in the day, @bamakettles!

OMG I haven’t thought about that in decades… I actually have the Eddie Murphy vinyl album…. Columbia House record club.  I still remember taping that Penney to the membership card with my selection of 10 LPs.

Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Gen 1 Performer Axle Nut Question
« Last post by Gringo on April 30, 2024, 12:37:46 PM »
Troy, I think you have at least two of everything!!!  Thanks for always sharing/providing to the local area as options!

Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Realization
« Last post by Gringo on April 30, 2024, 12:36:03 PM »
“Now that’s a Fiiirre!” Making me remember Eddie Murphy’s skit from back in the day, @bamakettles!

Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: Late night Ranch chicken thighs.
« Last post by Gringo on April 30, 2024, 12:33:47 PM »
You soo right @ASpitzer! [emoji23]

« Last post by ASpitzer on April 30, 2024, 11:37:08 AM »
Need and Want. Aren't they the same thing when it comes to Webers?

Love grilled chicken thighs. One of my favorite things to make.
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Gen 1 Performer Axle Nut Question
« Last post by dwnthehatch on April 30, 2024, 11:33:27 AM »
I have plenty if you are ever in the area.
« Last post by bamakettles on April 30, 2024, 10:44:57 AM »
Chicken and cookies look really good..... Always fun to cook with an old friend...

Need another BBQ grill.... need is such a subjective term lol.
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Realization
« Last post by bamakettles on April 30, 2024, 10:41:30 AM »
Let's see, by that time I had graduated from HS and was attending college.  My family had long since left the charcoal world for the convenience of propane.  Even when we were using charcoal we had nothing as sophisticated as a Weber.  Nor were our gassers ever Webers . . .

My dad stayed with grills like this (minus the roti and it's support) until the 70's.

My dad especially loved the ability to raise the grill (center support) to try and slow down the cooking and reduce flare-ups.

BD
I totally remember those, very popular although we never had one.  The first grill we ever had that I can remember was an aluminum Structo model that was (as fate would have it) yellow.  I believe we got it with green stamps if that puts a date on my old self....  Here's a picture of one from Google.  Ours was just like it and in the mid 70s I was given permission to light the fire for every cook.  Back then the lighter fluid was about as flammable as gasoline and didn't smell much better.  I loved building a cooking fire back then... still do!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10