Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / SSP questions and help
« Last post by oldthermometer on Today at 04:15:43 AM »
I’m having a problem with the old 7409 one touch system. When I picked up my SSP the blades in the fully closed position didn’t cover the vent holes fully.

I took it apart, cleaned it a bit and put it back just to test it. However, the same problem happened after a few sweeps so I wouldn’t be able to fully shut down after a cook. Anyone have any theories about why this would be happening?

I resorted to putting in the newer style 7444 sweeps in for the time being and using stainless cable ties to hold the basket in place. Really hate the solution but it is functional.

I’ve been noticing after a rain that there is water in the ash bucket. Is the lift and turn style of one touch system just prone to that? I’ve never had this issue on the squeeze and pull down style.

I plan on doing a full restore on this grill sometime in the future but it came with a full tank of propane so I’m waiting until that runs out before going crazy on it.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
The only problem I have with the newer lid bail is that the threads stick so far in that it was a pain to get the cooking grate on. I ended up taking a cut off wheel and trimming them down a bit.

Meetups & Events / Re: WKC Chicago 2024 continued
« Last post by Pezdogs on Today at 12:20:23 AM »
Looks great and it's always a good time if you get to see a coloured roti ring

Sent from my SM-S908E using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grouper and shrimp skewers…

steaks, chops, asparagus, and zucchini/squash on the Fleetwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flat irons, taters and corn

Sent from my SM-S918U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: Chilean Sea Bass
« Last post by Big Dawg on June 02, 2024, 11:29:19 AM »
Indirect the whole time about 300 on the grate temp approx 30 minutes the veggies still had a perfect slight crunch

Thank you.  Will have to give this a try.

BD
Weber Mods, Tables and Customs / Re: I made a wooden handle for my Performer lid!
« Last post by Babekyu on June 02, 2024, 10:10:08 AM »
Impressive!  The color of the handle goes well with the green bbq.
Grate job!  Looks like a really nice handle.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Meetups & Events / Re: WKC Chicago 2024
« Last post by bamakettles on June 02, 2024, 05:24:15 AM »
Some very nice prizes there, I’d be smiling too!  Would be fun to know what each person in the pictures WKC member name is.  I know a few…

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10