Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Why yes, it is!

Roti Chicken!  One of our favorites, including our Pup’s.  Beaux gets one per week - fresh chicken is so good for them….and for us!

Any good remedies for removing grease stains from pavers?!?! I put the drip pan from the photo on the bar behind the grill. I save the drippings and carcasses to make stock. While we were sharing that wonderful bird with company, Lola decided she should have the drippings. I thought the bar was high enough, but not for a motivated flat coat! She knocked the drip tray off the bar. Of course, it landed the wrong way and now there is a rather large schmaltz splatter stain on my patio!
I don't have any experience with it unfortunately, but I'd try a concrete/brick/ tile cleaner like ZEP followed by pressure washing.  Others might have better advice.....
Why yes, it is!

Roti Chicken!  One of our favorites, including our Pup’s.  Beaux gets one per week - fresh chicken is so good for them….and for us!

Any good remedies for removing grease stains from pavers?!?! I put the drip pan from the photo on the bar behind the grill. I save the drippings and carcasses to make stock. While we were sharing that wonderful bird with company, Lola decided she should have the drippings. I thought the bar was high enough, but not for a motivated flat coat! She knocked the drip tray off the bar. Of course, it landed the wrong way and now there is a rather large schmaltz splatter stain on my patio!
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by Gringo on Today at 07:51:21 AM »
Nice on the non-traditional family recipes! You truly went all out on this challenge!!

Yes I failed at getting pictures of the plating (it got busy) and it was a group effort where I was given the protein and a dessert. So, final pics would have up’d the game for sure! Looks like a blast at your house!!!

I’ll say, the carnitas came out with a great Smokey flavor, much more than a whole butt on the grill. Logically the larger chunks create more bark coverage than just one 10lb butt so I think that’s how it happened. The smoke was pronounced and paired perfectly with the Mexican themed spices. I used cherry wood and very pleased with them. The bed of onions and other things was used to moisten the cook. Some at the party mixed their carnitas in with it and the results were super moist and tender bites!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 06:35:43 AM »
@bamakettles, hands down won for sure 🥇!!!  Excellent spread and much more into the spirit of cinco de mayo! Your condiments look awesome! The skirt steak is a great idea and your sear is spot on!  Thanks for joining in, sir. Give my regards to Kellee on her participation!!!   

In it for the fun buddy....... I've made these skirt steak tacos many times, but I think we had the most fun with the corn.  I learned how to make my own southwest seasoning and we unlocked the mystery of crema - something I hear a lot about on cooking shows we watch but I've always been kinda "meh" about trying it.  It is truly soft silky savory citrusy goodness!  I highly recommend trying it if you might like that kind of dressing.  The Elote Salad is definitely printed out and secured in the bamakettles recipe book.  We don't do corn much but when we do, this will be it!

Your carnitas looked amazing as well and I'm sure were the hit of your party.

Cheers!
Good looking wings @jdoan

Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by Gringo on Today at 06:18:27 AM »
@bamakettles, hands down won for sure 🥇!!!  Excellent spread and much more into the spirit of cinco de mayo! Your condiments look awesome! The skirt steak is a great idea and your sear is spot on!  Thanks for joining in, sir. Give my regards to Kellee on her participation!!!   

I was able to do a closer inspection - it's either 1975 or 1976 based on the wheels and vents. I updated my post title and the description.

Also - I want to mention that I appreciate collecting and using vintage stuff - and so I'm not just a "ooooh, make quick cash" kinda person. If I charcoal grilled (we do gas nowadays) I'd just acquire it (or trade up for an avocado green one), but haven't for years and it would be another "thing" to just have sitting around.
Brisket at the stall ready to wrap.   Destined to be shredded beef barbacoa for a work party Tuesday.

Is it done yet?

Why yes, it is!

Dry Rubbed Vortex Wings.

OMG you guys, everything looks sooooo good!

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⣿
⣿⡈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠋⢠⣿
⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠉⠛⠻⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠛⠉⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⣠⣤⣤⣀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣶⣶⣦⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢰⣶⡄⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠈⣿⣇⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣤⣾⡿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⢈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
I was asked to sell a 1975/6 (need to check date codes tomorrow) 22" weber grill for a family member. Along with the grill, there are these accessories:

cover
rib rack (with box)
roast holder (with box)
corn and tater holder (no box, a bit rusted)
charcoal starter

I'm trying to price this fairly but also not get taken (ie, sell all for $30, LOL). I also am wondering if there is any value to keeping the RH-95 and RR-37 boxes - they are kinda yucky as - as one can imagine - they were stored in the garage all these years (yep, the racks themselves look unused, but the boxes are - while intact - a bit sketchy). Grill also was garaged and covered near as I can tell.

Should I part it out (ie, sell accessories separately)? Or just sell as one bundle? Since it's a black grill, the "paint job" isn't anything special, so I presume the grill itself isn't worth much.

I presume it's OK to post this question - I will not link to my marketplace listing or post any other details here, but would appreciate any guidance.
Dry Rubbed Vortex Wings.
- rub: salt, pepper, paprika, fennel, cinnamon, cumin, brown sugar, baking powder, and a dusting of potato starch
- coal: kingsford and whatever leftover chunks of generic lump coal I had in the shed
- wood: couple small chips of cherry and pecan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10