Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

I’ll try that. This is her sorry, not sorry face…

Apologies for the minor hijack. I promise next post will be grilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Love it and I personally love the pup photos.  You could never be mad at her for long with that face….

I’ll try that. This is her sorry, not sorry face…

Apologies for the minor hijack. I promise next post will be grilling.

Believe it or not, it's a bit of an obscure part when it comes to the assortment of Weber US cooking grates. Most reps don't even know it exists. My goal is to get it put on Weber.com eventually so anyone can just order it, but it'll take some work, as there are some higher priorities for the Weber.com team due to all the new product launches this season. #IworkforWeber
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 10:42:42 AM »
Nice on the non-traditional family recipes! You truly went all out on this challenge!!

Yes I failed at getting pictures of the plating (it got busy) and it was a group effort where I was given the protein and a dessert. So, final pics would have up’d the game for sure! Looks like a blast at your house!!!

I’ll say, the carnitas came out with a great Smokey flavor, much more than a whole butt on the grill. Logically the larger chunks create more bark coverage than just one 10lb butt so I think that’s how it happened. The smoke was pronounced and paired perfectly with the Mexican themed spices. I used cherry wood and very pleased with them. The bed of onions and other things was used to moisten the cook. Some at the party mixed their carnitas in with it and the results were super moist and tender bites!

Yep, I missed a few shots I would like to have had such as carmelizing the corn on the summit after shucking.  I had my cotton / nitrile gloves on while turning them with my hand and couldn't snap a pic.  It was a busy day, but fun and totally worth the effort.  Your cook looked a bit more involved for sure.  I'll have to try Carnitas some time - the moist and tender bites sound wonderful.

I was catching up with a friend in Florida today and he made birria and lengua tacos that also looked amazing.  So much fun with this hobby - always something fun to learn and tasty to eat!

Thanks for starting this cook off thread.  I feel that I learned a lot that I would not have otherwise!

Cheers!
Why yes, it is!

Roti Chicken!  One of our favorites, including our Pup’s.  Beaux gets one per week - fresh chicken is so good for them….and for us!

Any good remedies for removing grease stains from pavers?!?! I put the drip pan from the photo on the bar behind the grill. I save the drippings and carcasses to make stock. While we were sharing that wonderful bird with company, Lola decided she should have the drippings. I thought the bar was high enough, but not for a motivated flat coat! She knocked the drip tray off the bar. Of course, it landed the wrong way and now there is a rather large schmaltz splatter stain on my patio!
I don't have any experience with it unfortunately, but I'd try a concrete/brick/ tile cleaner like ZEP followed by pressure washing.  Others might have better advice.....
Why yes, it is!

Roti Chicken!  One of our favorites, including our Pup’s.  Beaux gets one per week - fresh chicken is so good for them….and for us!

Any good remedies for removing grease stains from pavers?!?! I put the drip pan from the photo on the bar behind the grill. I save the drippings and carcasses to make stock. While we were sharing that wonderful bird with company, Lola decided she should have the drippings. I thought the bar was high enough, but not for a motivated flat coat! She knocked the drip tray off the bar. Of course, it landed the wrong way and now there is a rather large schmaltz splatter stain on my patio!
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by Gringo on Today at 07:51:21 AM »
Nice on the non-traditional family recipes! You truly went all out on this challenge!!

Yes I failed at getting pictures of the plating (it got busy) and it was a group effort where I was given the protein and a dessert. So, final pics would have up’d the game for sure! Looks like a blast at your house!!!

I’ll say, the carnitas came out with a great Smokey flavor, much more than a whole butt on the grill. Logically the larger chunks create more bark coverage than just one 10lb butt so I think that’s how it happened. The smoke was pronounced and paired perfectly with the Mexican themed spices. I used cherry wood and very pleased with them. The bed of onions and other things was used to moisten the cook. Some at the party mixed their carnitas in with it and the results were super moist and tender bites!

Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 06:35:43 AM »
@bamakettles, hands down won for sure 🥇!!!  Excellent spread and much more into the spirit of cinco de mayo! Your condiments look awesome! The skirt steak is a great idea and your sear is spot on!  Thanks for joining in, sir. Give my regards to Kellee on her participation!!!   

In it for the fun buddy....... I've made these skirt steak tacos many times, but I think we had the most fun with the corn.  I learned how to make my own southwest seasoning and we unlocked the mystery of crema - something I hear a lot about on cooking shows we watch but I've always been kinda "meh" about trying it.  It is truly soft silky savory citrusy goodness!  I highly recommend trying it if you might like that kind of dressing.  The Elote Salad is definitely printed out and secured in the bamakettles recipe book.  We don't do corn much but when we do, this will be it!

Your carnitas looked amazing as well and I'm sure were the hit of your party.

Cheers!
Good looking wings @jdoan

Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / 5 de mayo - Carnita Cook Off
« Last post by Gringo on Today at 06:18:27 AM »
@bamakettles, hands down won for sure 🥇!!!  Excellent spread and much more into the spirit of cinco de mayo! Your condiments look awesome! The skirt steak is a great idea and your sear is spot on!  Thanks for joining in, sir. Give my regards to Kellee on her participation!!!   

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10