Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'll not bore everyone with all my stats, just the first year that I got into collecting kettles (2020).  Hey, everyone needed something to do during the pandemic!

Here's my 2020 counts:  Total cooks 66

Red LE 22" :  19
Weber Smokey Mountain:  16
Brown 1978 MBH 22":  8
Black/Weathered Warrior 1973 22":  6
2006 Black 22" Mod Kettle (First kettle - the mod started all this craziness):  6
Red 18" 1973:  5
Black Smokey Joe:  3
Jumbo Joe in 18" Woodard Cart I had Blasted and Powdercoated:  2
Red 22" 1975 (First used kettle I ever bought / found in the wild):  1

Thanks all...... Yes Bobby a heat map would be cool - if everyone was as fanatical about this kind of head scratching stuff as we are lol....

Joe, I'd love to see your list!  Would take a while to gather that data I'll bet..... And yes Charlie, I miss the calendar as well.  Might just have to make my own some day.

@Babekyu since I obtained this data through my picture archive I'm sure the food type for each cook could be derived - although I'll probably not take the time to do that.  Might see that I'm more boring than I thought.  Steak, burgers, hot dogs, chicken, scallops, poppers, ribs, butt and..... repeat. ; )  Brats sound good.....
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Ultimate Grill Geek Data
« Last post by Babekyu on Today at 10:25:20 AM »
Sounds like a fun thing to do.  I used to do that with runs.  Dates, routes, how many miles, which running shoes etc.  Do you also note what you cooked on any given cook?  That might be interesting also to see what you eat and how often.  I usually take pictures also, but forgot my last two cooks. :-(  Today was brats for lunch.
« Last post by JEBIV on Today at 09:04:17 AM »
too cool, I may have to look back and do the same thing
« Last post by Gringo on Today at 08:31:36 AM »
Interesante Greg! I’m thinking you need a Qlik Sense data visualization for this and get your buddies to contribute and then we can put a “heat map” (pun intended) up and see live data from the club!

Ha ha ha - it could happen though

Happy Grilling!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last post by Mr.CPHo on Today at 06:54:50 AM »
This is pretty cool, bama.

I used to write down which kettle I used in my WKC Calendar (RIP).
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Ultimate Grill Geek Data
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 06:41:32 AM »
Do any of you keep records of how many cooks you do per year and what you cook on?  As you know, I take lots of pictures and share most of what I cook on the WKC forum.  No doubt some of you see my posts and think, "Another bamakettles cook..... yawn....".  All good!  I just like to share in case anyone likes to see what I'm doing.  Kellee says I should do a YouTube channel, but that's a bit too involved - cameras set up all over and I feel I'd lose the fun.  I just like to snap pics and share methods.

That said, I thought it would be fun to count how many cooks I did during the year and what grills I used for those cooks.  Since I have pictures of most if not all my cooks I went through my google photos and counted them up for 2023.  If you've made it this far in my silly post then it may interest you to see the results organized by most cooks to least.  I've also looked at 2024 year to date and it's interesting to compare where I am now and the differences in grill choices I've made.  In contrast to last year, I've barely touched my Kamado Joes and have been wearing out my Red Genesis.  The Summit is still at the top when it comes to usage - no surprise.

Total Cooks in 2023:  131

Summit Charcoal Grilling Center:  37
Kamado Joe Classic 3:  20
Kamado Joe Jr:  10
Kamado Joe Classic 2 (Now Sold):  9
Red Genesis EI Code (1997):  8
Glen Blue 26" Kettle:  8
Green SSP DA Code (2001):  7
Blue Master Touch 22" (Beach Trip):  4
Jumbo Joe:  4
22" Weber Smokey Mountain:  3
Asmoke AS350 Pellet:  3
Yellow 22" Gourmet 1978:  2
Green Q1200:  2
Stainless Steel Genesis DH Code (2004):  2
Blue OTP DH Code (2004):  2
Red LE 22" Kettle:  2
Black Smokey Joe:  2
Blue 18" Kettle (MM Secret Santa Gift):  1
Brown 22" 1978 Kettle:  1
Yellow 18" Yachtsman 1977:  1
Red 26" Aristocrat 1975:  1
Wood Handle CGA:  1
Wood Handle GGA:  1
Off Topic / Re: No Explanation Necessary... Round 2
« Last post by michaelmilitello on May 08, 2024, 06:08:14 PM »

New project underway.  RRR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weber Mods, Tables and Customs / Replating Grill Grates?
« Last post by Andyinlz on May 08, 2024, 01:46:49 PM »
While this Q is technically for the resto of a Southbend commercial stove rack....I though if anyone knows this answer, it would be this group.......

Has anyone ever tried and found a source to replate a grill grate?

Probably with chrome or maybe chrome over nickel?

I know this would not be cheap, but some grill grates (or commercial stove racks) are really pricy to buy new....or are unobtanium for older grills/stoves.

Any thoughts appreciated!
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: Controlling Temperature for Cast Iron Cooking
« Last post by cdp8 on May 08, 2024, 12:56:54 PM »
The other posters have covered the fire part of the equation really well. I’ll address the cast iron part. Cast iron skillets heat up unevenly when put on a stove or over a lit char basket. Many of my CI skillet cooks (indoor or outdoor) start with the skillet in a cold oven. I turn the oven on to the target temp for the skillet. The result is an evenly heated skillet.  It’s my first step, so the grill and skillet are ready at the same time. Saves charcoal too.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10