Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gas Performer  (Read 6407 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Re: Gas Performer
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
Rix, I get what you're saying, but the price I paid is definitely an anomaly.  This kind of kettle could easily be in the $400 realm if you could find one in clean condition, or under $300 for a ratty one.

There is a Performer currently on e-Prey locally that has the bidding starting at $200. It isn't a gas assist, and has a piece of ply for a table! If it were a coloured one I would snap it up and retro fit it to my SS. But it's just a black.

Sent from another Galaxy using Mental Telepathy

If it breathes, we can cook it!

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 03:37:21 PM »
Here's my beef now. Weber has great CS. There is no doubt about that. But I need to source a couple of lid bale rollers, and they want me to buy a complete lid bale kit! And even though my SS allows me to use a regular gas bottle, the Touch-N-Go relies purely on disposable canisters that they tell me are no longer available and can't supply me with the older setup that comes of an SS!

How much would the lid bale rollers cost for you guys in the States?

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »
Not sure what else you need besides the rollers?

Here's a link to a parts list.

AJ  8)

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-821001-before-2000-touchngo-performer-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193490.html

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »
OK, so I did some research. Weber discontinued the regilator, hose for the newer style Performers.
What the hell are they thinking?
Not being able to get parts is going to kill the refurb business.
More Grills will end up in the land fill. They are so DUMB! You hear that Weber, DUMB!
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »
The Jackeroos are gloves. :)

Im sure we could sort you out with some, got any sweet old kettles you'd be willing to trade?  ;)

Ken

Ken - just PMed Jocool - not sure I want to give up the Westerner yet, however I see a trade for some Performer hardware in exchange for a pair of XL Jackaroos and a box of XL redheads!

Those Jackaroos are going to be my "go to" glove for grilling on the Westerner...

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »
Winz, I'm working on it mate. The Redheads aren't a problem. The Jackeroos were stolen!  ::) I have to find out where they came from and get a new pair for you. I should have them in a couple of days.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 12:44:41 AM »

Winz, I'm working on it mate. The Redheads aren't a problem. The Jackeroos were stolen!  ::) I have to find out where they came from and get a new pair for you. I should have them in a couple of days.

No worries. I appreciate the effort.

You still need the bale rollers for your performer?  If so, PM me your address and I will take care of it

Winz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

BigRix

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 04:45:17 AM »
Sounds to me like the CA boys need to snatch up all the performers and ship them to Australia.

How many can you fit in a container?

Are there any importation fees?

If one person could ship enough of them maybe they could afford the next Westerner that pops up an ebay.
Please visit my new blog!

AR180S.com

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 07:18:45 AM »
Sounds to me like the CA boys need to snatch up all the performers and ship them to Australia.

If one person could ship enough of them maybe they could afford the next Westerner that pops up an ebay.
I am currently building a boat out of cheap Norcal performers.  The bowls and lids float well as long as the vents are closed, and the SS and plastic tables are great decking material.  Going to launch the "SS Performer" on a heading for Australia, where Jocool and Kendoll can disassemble it once it reaches the shore, and have a vast supply of Performers to play with.

Still deciding on propulsion - solar powered Roti motors or gas-assist burners...

Winz

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 02:43:42 PM »
I likey.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »

I am currently building a boat out of cheap Norcal performers.  The bowls and lids float well as long as the vents are closed, and the SS and plastic tables are great decking material.  Going to launch the "SS Performer" on a heading for Australia, where Jocool and Kendoll can disassemble it once it reaches the shore, and have a vast supply of Performers to play with.

Still deciding on propulsion - solar powered Roti motors or gas-assist burners...

Winz

Haha S.S. Performer, I get it! :D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 08:01:23 PM »
So guys.... Do your Performers come like this with the Primus bottle now?

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 12:40:03 AM »
Now this is more like it:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunshine-north/other-home-garden/weber-performer-charcoal-bbq/1040568073

Back to normal. ;)

Ken

So guys.... Do your Performers come like this with the Primus bottle now?

I just bought a Performer Platinum brand new last summer (my 1st Weber) and was disappointed because, no, they don't come with any bottle at all! I really liked the look of the blue bottle they show, too. I used an ugly fat little bottle I snagged from my camping gear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk