Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Duck breast and Southwestern Pheasant breast  (Read 1444 times)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
BBQ Duck breast and Southwestern Pheasant breast
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:30:23 AM »
Some winter time cooking on big blue on Sunday after the snow storm  Did some BBQ duck breasts and Southwestern Sauced up Pheasant Breasts.  Took about 2 hours once I got the grills fired up til I finished.  Then took it to my parents along with my little brother and we feasted.  Then my dad took some of the left over duck to diner he goes to a few times a week and the owner and cooks tried out the duck.  As always a excuse for me to use the big blue kettle.  Man after not using it since Thanksgiving I was going thru withdraw.  After you cook on a kettle and taste the smokey goodness its hard to eat anything else.

BBQ Duck Breast in BBQ Sauce with onions and 1 bottle of Lager

Searing Pheasant Breasts on SJ (little green)

Southwestern Style with Pheasant Breasts (sliced potatoes, onions, mushrooms, celery and lager plus more in sauce)

All plated up with mash potatoes, cheese broccoli, pheasant and duck
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: BBQ Duck breast and Southwestern Pheasant breast
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
So is that cook the breasts in the sauce and then finish on the grill? I've done pheasant before and was really worried I'd overcook it and it would be dry.

And... Need to see more of "big blue" in the pictures. ;D
kettles, smokers...

wyd

• WKC Ranger
Re: BBQ Duck breast and Southwestern Pheasant breast
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:00:23 AM »
So is that cook the breasts in the sauce and then finish on the grill? I've done pheasant before and was really worried I'd overcook it and it would be dry.

And... Need to see more of "big blue" in the pictures. ;D
I seared the pheasant and then put it in the pot and simmered for about 2 hours.  The pheasant just fell apart almost like it does when I do the same recipe but with country style boneless pork ribs.  The searing for me is just to get some smoke into the meat so it keeps the on the grill tasted even though I have it that sauce for 2 hours.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)