Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs Less Is More (USM47)  (Read 2958 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Ribs Less Is More (USM47)
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:11:21 PM »
I get the rub of Raichlen , a good mustard, two sauces for final finishing , Worchester sauce and prepare a four four rub (salt, brown sugar, paprika and pepper in equal parts ), then take two ribs entire well- trimmed and trimmed diagonally and start with the rub. The first smear with a thin layer of mustard, then Kansas City Rub of Raichlen and wrap in foil , the second smear with a veil of Worchester sauce , sprinkle with the four four rub ... all this I'll need to feel the difference in the rub after 5 hours of smoker .. and wrap it in the film as the first and let stand for 2 hours at room T . Prepare the smoker for a MM with briquettes placing a central metal ring as a spacer are completely fitted out two rows of double briquettes stacked on which I placed the chunks of Wine Barrel for smoking , I turn 20 briquettes and when all the incandescent ARRANGE meticulously in my point of start to start the domino and send the T- smoker . My setup is like my friend Giad docet :
Wp : No but terracotta saucer
Foil : No
Mopping : No
Spruzzing : No
T cooking * 230 * F/260 F
As mentioned I put the ribs in the smoker and I let them smoke \ cook for 4 hours before you lift the lid for the first time to see how the whole thing and proceeded to pull the two ribs to see de tore each other to that .. point the rib tore opposed but still a small resistance so I decide to close immediatamete not to disperse heat and stress on the meat though now four hours had passed and still leave about thirty minutes before pulling out and go to step finishing sauce from to dry in bbq gas for 15 minutes at high T. I pull out the ribs and begin to spread the sauces ... the one with mustard and rub Raichlen of the smear with Honey Barbecue Sauce Kansas City while the one with the Worchester sauce and rub the four four spennello with Stubb 's Original then put both ribs in the high- q T for 15 minutes to dry them . Spent the final pull it out and put it on the cutting board with a honey sauce , start to cut the ribs and at that time I convince myself that Less Is More .. never doubted .. the look, the look , the I scan , the bit into it . The consistency is right, soft but not overcooked , tough but not hard , the bones were cleaned by clean and a really beautiful smoke ring .. just like to be but without all the stress of opening all the time to check it and then make mopping or foil . I fired at 16 and 20 to open for the first time to pull the two ribs and three times I opened the door of the combustion chamber .. once to satisfy myself that the MM start and the other two to move the chunks given that I had placed too far away from the start and I approached the fire point !
I conclude by pointing out that applying this technique in my case I got an incredible result without having to do anything .. the maverick set between 230/260 monitored the T, the terracotta saucer kept the T in that range , every now and then I looked out on the balcony to see if everything was ok and in two cases I moved the chunks .. almost boring! Also like to stress that the rub after all those hours could not be distinguished , one of Raichlen tasted from the jar looked like the San Carlo chips More Taste but after all those hours of cooking had vanished while the sauces gave the true flavor to the ribs were tasty honey and much to the sweet , the other classic bbq sauce but with a peppery note .. maybe in four four rub it took me a bit more than they should .. I preferred the honey while my wife preferred the other . An excellent result .. try it to believe it!
BBQ are never enough

esq3585

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: Ribs Less Is More (USM47)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:18:10 AM »
They look fantastic, mouths watering, cracking smoker too , brilliant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ribs Less Is More (USM47)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »
Look at that bark! Well done, Prof, those look amazing.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 04:47:48 AM »
Those look damn tasty, nicely done!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »
One after another, Prof !!!!

You're doing some really great cookups !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:39:08 AM »
Thank you very much my friends! When I discovered the bbq weber I opened up a wonderful world and I can no longer do without it!
BBQ are never enough

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »
Great looking cook Prof! Notice the wine also. Assume it is a Red, Local only? I usually only see Rieslings here state side in a brown bottle. Just curious.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »
Great looking cook Prof! Notice the wine also. Assume it is a Red, Local only? I usually only see Rieslings here state side in a brown bottle. Just curious.

Tres Jolie blonde is a Belgian beer.  :)

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:11 PM »

Thank you glrasmussen! I used wine barrel chunks from Steven Raichlen..it'a very good and too strong than hickory or mesquite! We like very much!

BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
@kendoll: Yes Tres Jolie is a very good belgium beer..
BBQ are never enough