Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brined Spatchcocks with Chilli  (Read 1162 times)

Hottuna

• Smokey Joe
    • Amazon Outdoors
Brined Spatchcocks with Chilli
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »
I picked up a great one touch silver from gumtree cleaned it up and fired her, im really happy as its not dented or chipped

I brined my first birds yesterday. Rubbed in butter then then sprinkled with my rosemary and garlic grind then smoked them for an hour. Turned out awesome, smokey, juicy, the best ive had.
Something i picked up here is to cook a chilli, beans type sauce under the grill - and i love chilli, well this tunred out fantasic too. The pyrex did well between the charcoal trays - i was thinking the heat my crack it.

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Brined Spatchcocks with Chilli
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:39:24 AM »
That grill cleaned up nice and it looks like you're putting it to good use.

I like cast iron in the grill because I'm more confident it won't be harmed by the fire and since it's already black, it cleans up a lot easier. ;D
kettles, smokers...

Hottuna

• Smokey Joe
    • Amazon Outdoors
Re: Brined Spatchcocks with Chilli
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »
That grill cleaned up nice and it looks like you're putting it to good use.

I like cast iron in the grill because I'm more confident it won't be harmed by the fire and since it's already black, it cleans up a lot easier. ;D

I was going to purchased a hinged grill, new coal baskets, lower coal grill for my Dads old redhead, scored this OTS with everything I need for a lot less $$
so im happy

I agree - ive just purchased a 2 quart cast iron Dutch oven from work.
They Pyrex cleans up easily but not sure how long it would last doing that to it time after time