Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Fire Pit and Table Prototypes.  (Read 4167 times)

GrilledMeat

• Smokey Joe
Weber Fire Pit and Table Prototypes.
« on: May 18, 2024, 06:19:51 PM »
So here it is a Weber Fire pit Prototype in grey porcelain enamel fitted into a chrome finished stand/holder. The bowl has a drain hole in the center. It is the same diameter as traditional fire pit but the bowl is much rounder in shape and deeper. I recently meet a guy nearby that regularly frequents local garage sales. These finds were found at a garage sale in Barrington IL they belonged to a gentleman who told the guy that he worked as the head of R&D at Weber and these prototypes where one offs that never made it to production. I was told the side tables were prototypes too and that full production of the tables were done by Barrington Hills Cabinet Co. After arriving home with his new garage sale items and a story he reached out and asked if I would have any interest in a Weber grey enamel fire pit prototype and some Weber tables. My response was absolutely! We agreed to a price and after a quick 20 minute drive I had them loaded in my truck and was on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

GrilledMeat

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Fire Pit and Table Prototypes.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 06:23:19 PM »
So here it is a Weber Fire pit Prototype in grey porcelain enamel fitted into a chrome finished stand/holder. The bowl has a drain hole in the center. It is the same diameter as traditional fire pit but the bowl is much rounder in shape and deeper. I recently meet a guy nearby that regularly frequents local garage sales. These finds were found at a garage sale in Barrington IL they belonged to a gentleman who told the guy that he worked as the head of R&D at Weber and these prototypes where one offs that never made it to production. I was told the side tables were prototypes too and that full production of the tables were done by Barrington Hills Cabinet Co. After arriving home with his new garage sale items and a story he reached out and asked if I would have any interest in a Weber grey enamel fire pit prototype and some Weber tables. My response was absolutely! We agreed to a price and after a quick 20 minute drive I had them loaded in my truck and was on my way home.

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 06:49:30 PM »
Amazing score - congratulations!!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 07:05:10 PM »

Great score and back story GrilledMeat.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 07:10:33 PM »
Awesome score! Original OOAK!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 03:42:07 AM »
Really cool finds!

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 03:45:43 AM »
That's a really cool piece!  Congrats!
Weber Spirit/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 08:29:51 AM »
Very cool finds. Amazing that some of that history survives along with the story behind it. All look to be in great condition. Well Done!
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 05:14:04 PM »
Y’all see a story? I see second post blank

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2024, 05:21:14 PM »

Y’all see a story? I see second post blank

Same, story was there now deleted.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2024, 05:38:33 PM »
Not a surprise

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2024, 06:48:42 PM »
@JEBIV    @bamakettles   @MoparProud

Might be a problem with the WKC app.  All three of you appear to be accessing the Forum via your phones using the app.   I and all the other commenting members that can see the story and photos appear to be working off PC's or Ipads.  Above my skills and pay grade.

@Administrator               

« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 06:52:34 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2024, 06:54:10 PM »
All good for me, cool finds.  Just posting what I see.

GrilledMeat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2024, 07:29:30 AM »
Posted story with picture originally and I was unable see the word but could see pictures. Posted story a second time and still showed up blank. Let me try to post story again. Sorry everyone I am new to making posts here.

GrilledMeat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2024, 07:29:44 AM »

« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 09:04:53 AM by Cellar2ful »