Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: On the road…  (Read 3326 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
On the road…
« on: November 06, 2023, 07:24:33 AM »
Haven’t posted in while because life sometimes gets crazy.   I recently started a temporary assignment work in Los Angeles.  It’s a good opportunity career-wise but certainly a sacrifice to be away from my family for at least three months solo.   Fortunately, I do have an apartment so I can cook, and my wife wasn’t surprised when I disassembled and packed my jumbo Joe to take.   I was able to get a cheap chimney and some orange bag B&b at a local Ace so I’m good to go. 

First cook at my apartment was last night: T bone steak and tater tots.   Not a bad bachelor meal.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: On the road…
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 07:47:15 AM »
Oh wow, what an adjustment!  You picked a good grill to take with you though.... looking forward to seeing some fun and interesting cooks on it - they are so versatile.

Let us know how you're doing and keep us in the loop Michael; hope your venture is fruitful!

Cheers!

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 08:19:52 AM »
Wow, three months away from the family is a tough pill to swallow. Spending the winter in LA may help ease things though. At least you can keep cooking. Hopefully it passes quickly for you.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 08:59:23 AM »
Looking good. Best of luck with your temporary assignment
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 09:30:11 AM »
Thanks guys.   Appreciate the support.   Fortunately, I’ll get a few trips home for the holidays and my wife intends on to visit in January.  I think the Jumbo Joe will get some good use.   This hobby helps me stay sane some days. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdp8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 10:08:03 AM »
Nobody can help you with missing your family, but perhaps this would help you miss your Webers a little less:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/dfe94edd-9a23-35eb-905e-27d5a4bade4e?q=weber

San Fernando is a bit of a drive from the beach, but not too bad on a weekend morning.

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 12:15:00 PM »
Nice looking addition for him! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 01:57:34 PM »
The trips back home will be nice and you can treat the visit from your wife as kind of a mini-vacation (but where you have to continue working during the week.
My wife had to go out to Maryland during the summer for 10 days, for work. We have 3 little kids & they got her a hotel room with 2 queen beds & a rental car, so I said hell with it.  We all went. I lucked out and didn't have to work too much while out there, which made it a heck of a lot more fun for the kids. 
regards,
Hal