Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Back patio lobster tails on my old blue.  (Read 2392 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
Back patio lobster tails on my old blue.
« on: August 13, 2023, 09:24:04 PM »
 I decided to hang out in a part of my yard I haven’t visited in a few years since we built our deck. I guess I keep a few antiques back there.

We made Costco lobster tails, baked potatoes and fresh green beans from the garden. The tails were brushed with an herb butter with garlic and lemon. The tails were fantastic.

I was lazy and trying to swim so I probed the potatoes with my I grill so I could watch them on the gas grill from the pool. I knew the tails would only take about ten minutes so it made things easier to time out.

Funny thing is my wife left the green beans on the side burner and sort of burnt them. She was upset and I said they’d be fine. It was kind of a happy accident since the it became like a brown butter sauce. I think I might try that again with a little less burn. They were really good.

Pics to follow, sometimes this app crashes and I lose all that I’ve typed.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
Re: Back patio lobster tails on my old blue.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 09:26:02 PM »
Pics

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 02:44:49 AM »
that all looks mighty tasty
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 03:18:02 AM »
Great looking meal and plating pics!  We were at Costco yesterday to get some prime filets and I saw some lobster tails and almost pulled the trigger on them.  Looks really good!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 04:00:00 AM »
You nailed the lobster tails!

Cheers

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 04:47:37 AM »
Looks amazing all around!

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 10:57:14 AM »
Wow, that looks delicious! I've never probed a potato before, but seems like a good idea. What temp do you take the potatoes to?

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 03:25:40 PM »
Very nice ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2023, 03:48:22 PM »

Wow, that looks delicious! I've never probed a potato before, but seems like a good idea. What temp do you take the potatoes to?

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Believe or not something like ribs or pork shoulder, somewhere from 190-210 works for me. Problem is all potatoes are of different age quality. A good feel is the best test. I like them a bit squishy. It did help to not have to worry about them. It was one less thing to keep an eye on.

Funny thing is Weber used to sell big baking nails to put through the middle of the potato.  I guess it helped cook them internally. I’ve never had any to try but I think I saw a set on eBay.  I’m sure someone here has a set.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2023, 11:49:07 PM »
So, I guess this is a current product available on Amazon and others. Does anyone have a set they’ve used. I’d like to know if they work. I know this is an old fashioned idea since my father in law used to talk about them. I thought he was crazy when he told me about potato nails. The Weber set looks kind of cool with the plastic case. It’s about 18 on amazon

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2023, 08:39:07 AM »
Those tails look great! Also need to find me a similar ceramic(?) pot to melt stuff in. I like it!

I’ve never personally used potato nails but plan to run down a Weber set and try. My grandma almost always made her potatoes with nails.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 10:00:37 AM »
Looks delicious! Nice cook
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2023, 10:41:08 PM »

Those tails look great! Also need to find me a similar ceramic(?) pot to melt stuff in. I like it!

I’ve never personally used potato nails but plan to run down a Weber set and try. My grandma almost always made her potatoes with nails.

Sometimes we should listen to the old timers and learn haha.

We are new to Costco this year and I was impressed with the tails. We were used to getting the tiny little ones from our local grocery store. They were huge, fresh, and delicious. My wife also scored a deal on some pork back ribs that I want to write about.

I think I might just go ahead and try a set of the potato nails. It’s cheap enough to try and a good baked potato is one of the greatest compliments to any meal.

Thank you all for the nice comments

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2023, 12:30:05 PM »
So true. I personally haven’t had a baked potato in a couple years probably, not really sure why but it’s on the list for sure.

The Weber nails are $16 on Amazon, and in my cart as I type🤣

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2023, 09:26:52 PM »
Look at HD or similar for 316 SS nails from Simpson strong tie (or similar). Much less.  Clean thoroughly before use!