Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another price increase?  (Read 462 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Another price increase?
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:02:29 PM »
If the prices at Home Depot are the new standard it looks like most items have jumped another $10.

The black Mastertouch is $289
The Kettle Premium is $229
The Original Kettle is $149
The Smokey Joe is $49
18 Smokey Mountain is $449

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Another price increase?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 05:56:30 PM »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 02:33:33 AM »
Unfortunately I have become numb to all the price increases from everywhere and my bank accounts have become smaller.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 05:18:10 AM »
Weber.com still shows the old pricing. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 05:40:24 AM »
Out of all the grills in my collection the only ones bought new are my original 2006 22", Glen Blue 26", Red LE 22" (Deep Ebay Discount), Ivory MT 22", Diner Green Anniversary 22" and a smokey joe.  Best purchase IMO was the GB 26".... have never regretted that one.  Doubt I'll buy anything new again unless it's something extremely unique like the anniversary models.  I still look at the yellow anniversary with a bit of interest.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Another price increase?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 06:25:44 AM »
The last new grill I bought at a retail outlet was in 2000.  The used market for our hobby is alive and well, of course.   In fact, I advise casual grillers to buy used, especially Weber gas grills.  If you’re willing to get your hands a little dirty and source some parts, a used Weber is a very strong value.   Many of us ([mention]LightningBoldtz [/mention] ) have had good side hustles selling used Webers. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 04:10:52 PM »
Not surprised. Their stock is in the sh*tter.  They should have never went public.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 06:16:16 AM »
I bought all four 70th kettles, plus my GB 26” and Red LE, heck actually out of all of my 17 grills, only two I didn’t buy new or get new. The Genesis Redhead was bought by my dad new in 96/97, and my Sequoia. Of course there was that Seville I missed out on….still kicking myself for that one

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 10:03:52 PM »
If the prices at Home Depot are the new standard it looks like most items have jumped another $10.

The black Mastertouch is $289
The Kettle Premium is $229
The Original Kettle is $149
The Smokey Joe is $49
18 Smokey Mountain is $449
After rehabbing a BGE, which cost me  about $500 or more, I am even more appreciative of the value of a Weber.  I was gifted the used BGE by my parents who had to downsize and move.  I decided not to cheat and claim a warranty... Ethically wrong to me.  Wanted to fix it up and keep it to honor my dad.  But damn.. One could buy multiple Webers and get a ton of cooks out of them for food that tastes just as good as a ceramic, without paying ceramic prices.  26ers, are still the best deal going, btw.  As for my parents, I got them an electric Q.  Works great

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;