Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wing experiment  (Read 253 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Wing experiment
« on: November 09, 2021, 03:47:12 AM »
I used the roti ring to elevate the grate and used the vortex.  I think the wings cooked much more evenly in the elevated position.  I was cooking pretty extreme temps. They were almost over cooked in 25 minutes. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Wing experiment
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 03:49:22 AM »
I tossed them in a couple dry rub seasonings at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 04:11:22 AM »
I think the higher grate placement would definitely mean higher temp, they look good, I used a Weber elevated half grate on the 22 for more room with wings and vortex, those top ones were done quick, I typically do my wings on the 26 these days
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 04:17:01 AM »

I think the higher grate placement would definitely mean higher temp, they look good, I used a Weber elevated half grate on the 22 for more room with wings and vortex, those top ones were done quick, I typically do my wings on the 26 these days

I was getting ready to fire up the 26 and I called an audible at the last minute.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 05:05:06 AM »

I was getting ready to fire up the 26 and I called an audible at the last minute.

I like to switch it up too, maintain the craft required for the different size grills, and I do have 80 or so to choose from LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 05:30:52 AM »
The wings look really good

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 06:39:25 AM »
That's the way i would do it. Haven't used a vortex without a stacker for over 2 years.  Split wings at 190F in 15 minutes.

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 07:38:15 PM »
Your wings look great. I may now have to add a stacker or two along with my Vortex purchase. Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk